Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am Aug 24-26 2012

Wrong thread - I called and got pretty excited that my crew might be able to get a room at the Rock for the PROAM but the waitlist is still about 40 deep. :lol:

I sure do have one for this weekend though! :cheers:

i did the same thing. i ninja'd the phone and i think they were already getting calls. they said the room openings were for this weekend and not the august one.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong thread - I called and got pretty excited that my crew might be able to get a room at the Rock for the PROAM but the waitlist is still about 40 deep. :lol:

I sure do have one for this weekend though! :cheers:

Getting rooms is simple, just go ahead and reserve on for every match you an think of 5 years in advance! Or just RO.

You have to leave the magnifier on the gun but you dont have to use it. If its a solid mount, you can shoot with it or without it but how you start the match is how you shoot the whole match.. If its a flip to the side mount, you can flip it during the match at will as long as it stays on te gun

Gary, Im one of the replacement RO's, and I havent heard anything about when we need to be where. Have I missed anything or is that still coming?

I talked to Gary about that last weekend and he said he was going to get out an email with information in the next couple weeks. You haven't missed any communication yet...

• 2 weeks later...

one stage on pros last year required a sling...it started out shooting the pistol, then switch to rifle. the shooter could opt to hold the rifle in one hand and shoot one handed.

Will Slings on the rifle and shotguns be needed for this match? I saw a couple of videos from the past match that showed slings being used during a stage.

You will not need a sling in either match.

Quick question about the safety rules for this match...

The rules require long guns to bagged or carried/slung with muzzle in a safe direction, but don't say anything about carts. If I am using a cart, am I good? Can I move the guns to the cart at he car, or only in a safe area?

The rules also specify action open on long guns. Is bolt down on a chamber flag also acceptable?

Looking forward to the match!

The rules require long guns to bagged or carried/slung with muzzle in a safe direction, but don't say anything about carts. If I am using a cart, am I good? Can I move the guns to the cart at he car, or only in a safe area?

The rules also specify action open on long guns. Is bolt down on a chamber flag also acceptable?

Last year the cart we brought was extraneous. You can do the entire match off the back of your vehicle. It would have been more work to set up the cart and go to the stage than to just take what you need from the trunk. I used a Safariland 3-gun bag to have somewhere to set my rifle and shotgun when we showed up to the stage, that was it.

Last year the cart we brought was extraneous. You can do the entire match off the back of your vehicle. It would have been more work to set up the cart and go to the stage than to just take what you need from the trunk. I used a Safariland 3-gun bag to have somewhere to set my rifle and shotgun when we showed up to the stage, that was it.

+2