Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Annoying shooters

thebigdogg316

I just want to apologize. I didn't realize that my big mouth was bothering anyone. I'll try to keep it down at the next match.

At least you don't go interrupting other squads about being a inch away from the X.
That's true. Our whole squad is generally pretty loud and boisterous. I think that's why we all squad together. I don't think we ever had anyone on our squad who would talk to the shooter in the box though and intentionally try to distract him. That's rude. I do like the smack talk between me and Daniel. It actually helps me concentrate.

That and it entertains the rest of us LOL

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two guys like that at my club, they know everything about everything and talk non stop. Most of the guys who know him just move to a different squad. I am stuck as I RO so I get him. I wish I could move to another squad. Non of the RO's want him and our associate MD loves to dump him on be the last min. I have talked to him nise, angry, and have mentioned DQ. He did not hear me he was telling me the rules. Guess I need a football. This one is just to big for Softball. :ph34r:

No, what you need to do is follow through with your escalation and actually give him the DQ. If he won't shut up after that, excuse him from the range.

Some people don't get the clue, they have to be hit in the face with it.

• 1 year later...

If you confront them, you can't know the outcome. If they come over the top of your comments, you'll be fired up. That would hurt my shooting.

If it's a USPSA match, rule 8.6.2 applies during a CoF.

Any person providing interference or unauthorized assistance to a competitor during a course of fire (and the competitor receiving such assistance) may, at the discretion of a Range Officer, incur a procedural penalty for that stage and/or be subject to Section 10.6.

The rule includes reference to 10.6, grounds for DQ.

If the loudmouth won't settle down for the shooting, there's an angle. If they're just being a turd between shooters, there's not a lot that can be done unless their comments themselves warrant DQ.

For me, there's not much choice really though: suffer the fool. Save the cookies for yourself though, I wouldn't waste a cookie on a guy like that. smile.gif

+1 It's an RO problem. The competitors are there to compete, the RO is in charge of the match. Don't let a knucklehead like this get you off your game. Just a frown and a look at the RO should give him the idea that he needs to do something.

If you confront them, you can't know the outcome. If they come over the top of your comments, you'll be fired up. That would hurt my shooting.

Any person providing interference or unauthorized assistance to a competitor during a course of fire (and the competitor receiving such assistance) may, at the discretion of a Range Officer, incur a procedural penalty for that stage and/or be subject to Section 10.6.

If the loudmouth won't settle down for the shooting, there's an angle. If they're just being a turd between shooters, there's not a lot that can be done unless their comments themselves warrant DQ.

For me, there's not much choice really though: suffer the fool. Save the cookies for yourself though, I wouldn't waste a cookie on a guy like that. smile.gif

+1 It's an RO problem. The competitors are there to compete, the RO is in charge of the match. Don't let a knucklehead like this get you off your game. Just a frown and a look at the RO should give him the idea that he needs to do something.

That post was almost 5 years old

Double plug and use the jackwagon's presence as a good exercise in ignoring an annoying person.

Me, I feel pretty lonely without the snide comments of certain guys I'm used to shooting with.

I recently came at the guy with the biggest mouth repeating "YOU SUCK" to him. His response? A big smile. He loves the trash talk.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2011 at 8:47 AM, thebigdogg316 said:

There is a guy that shoots at the same club as I do. He is not a bad guy but his problem is that he runs his mouth all the time. He gets into people's head and it throws their game off. Him and I had words but he does not shut up. It gets really bad when he has a bad day. What should I do?

Unfriend him

• 9 months later...

Mid-pack club shooter who owns all the top gear, competes in every match in the region yet never seems to show improvement, and always seems to force himself into conversations though uninvited to explain why you're not meeting your potential.

or

The guy that questions EVERY RO call that doesn't work to his favor. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think there are some guys who game the field by using the "muzzle" or watch the 180" recklessly. Case in point on a videoed stage showing the shooter well within the 180 being wrongfully distracted on 2 different stages by the same RO.  This same guy was loud, profane and made rude sexist comments around women all day.  Once he refused to approve his score time after it had been verbally confirmed with the RO in front of him.  My choice is to shoot elsewhere or request a different RO when my turn comes up.  The MD and CRO are not receptive or like this guy. 

I don't understand who you are talking about.The shooter or the RO. If the shooter is being profane and sexist I would give him one warning about unsportsmanlike conduct then send him home. If you're talking about the RO I'd go to the MD.This is not a "good 'ol boy " sport. many ladies and children shoot side by side with the men at every match I've ever been to. And are welcome to do so. As for the "muzzle" warning this is the RO's prerogative. He has the right to warn the shooter. If the shooter doesn't like it he has a clear chain of command to go through.

• 1 year later...

That sounds really annoying. Is there anyway you could squad with a different group? the guys i shoot with all try to better each other. Ive never been in a squad where someone is trying to bring a member of the group down. That wouldnt go over very well in a club.

• 2 months later...

He's just insecure about his ability to shoot so he has to try to get in everyone's head to give himself a slight advantage. 

There used to be a guy at my local club that was like that so I tried to ignore him, but of course he kept coming, so I would start to critique his shooting after every stage. He's not there anymore.