Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Google IPSC World and like them on facebook. I was searching world shoot and came across;

http://www.ipsc.org/

WELCOME TO IPSC

News, News, News...

WORLD SHOOT XVI LIVE

For the first time we will be streaming LIVE directly from World Shoot XVI in Rhodes, Greece.

IPSCWorld, the official IPSC digital magazine, will be taking to the Internet waves to bring you live coverage of World Shoot XVI. We will be covering all the courses of fire, events, locations and much more. If you are attending, tell your friends and family to watch for you on-line.

There are 3 ways to access the exclusive WSXVI coverage:

1) Friend us on Facebook by going to www.facebook.com/IPSCWorld

2) Follow us on Twitter @ipscworld

3) Go to the direct link (powered by UStream) at www.ustream.tv/channel/ipscworld

You will get instant notifications on Twitter and Facebook the moment we start streaming live.

Stay tuned for more updates and World Shoot news.

Enjoy...

Edited by cyburg

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

International Practical Shooting Confederation (IPSC)

News from the General Assembly:

- Mr. Nick Alexakos was ratified as IPSC President... congratulations!

- Handgun Modified Division will no longer exists as for January 1st, 2012.

- U.S.A. will be the host of World Shoot XVII in 2014, again congratulations for an excellent presentation.

...stay tuned! More to come from tonight's Opening Ceremony.

From the IPSC fpage

Method of getting a slot to the 2014 World Shoot would most likely be the same as it has always been. The President announces a waiting list and you send the President an email asking to be on the list. I think its first-come, first-served but may be wrong. Perhaps they could do a lottery or something, either way its handled by the President (Regional Director).

If in Florida, it needs to be in late October on November. It was way to rainy and hot at Universal Shooting Academy for the IDPA Worlds which just ended 8 days ago. Having said that, I want to be there even if it is 105 degrees, 100% humidity and rain every day!

What he said ....... :rolleyes:

I will if if would do any good. Although I think most of the USPSA cadre are in attendance in Greece as we sit here chomping at the bit! :goof:

As long as you don't plan on shooting "Modified" division.

I'm sure there will be a process for applying for slots. The good news is it's here. The bad news is the slots are still divided among the regions. We only received 76 (I think) slots for the shoot in Greece. Hopefully we'll get more for 2014 since this year there was a bit of an issue with that. However, demand is going to far outstrip supply for available slots no matter what we do. Mike and Phil are both in Greece right now. I wouldn't count on there being any decision made until they get back, and until the President election goes through. The 2014 will be during the tenure of whoever wins this election.

What he said....

Also planning for an event this size takes a lot of work and time as there are so many parts to it. I suspect that work will begin this year.

Manny and Frank have been working on this for a while now. Going back more than a year. In fact I have the feeling that the range improvements they did a while ago were in preparation for this WS bid. I haven't talked to Frank recently but my conversations with Manny have me feeling very positive this will be a great match. And the best part is, they have their own ammo company on the site. No trying to get ammo shipped!

IF you really want to get a slot now, put your name in to RO or assist (IROA preferred, but there's usually not enough of them to go around) and the like. You'd shoot the pre-match, but would be there for the very-whole thing :D