Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect there is a faction that wants match results to remain a secret until the awards. I think this is stupid since we all know who won by the morning of the shoootoffs, but everybody else will have to wait until awards or later to find out. I don't get that, but that's about the only explanation I can think of-- the shootoff coordinators were working directly off the first page of results for each division, but nothing of the sort was ever posted, even at the range.

Make sure you don't show up and get shown the door. There has been talk of getting rid of cameras in the name of competitor equity (can't show your team mate the timing of a mover).

Along with that conversation, they spoke of only allowing "official" match coverage. Which would mean prior approval, I'd suspect.

With an event such as this any competitor can write comments on their web-pages/facebook etc about the match.. If I had gone to Greece I would have contacted the RD first to see if it was okay to take photos etc. There were many competitors with video cameras etc and some of them have posted online without prior approval.

There are three years until the next World Shoot and there are many lessons to be learned. Sponsors, shooters etc. pay a lot of money towards a World Shoot. The shooters want to know how they are doing, their family, friends etc. want to know too. The sponsors want their names blasted all over the place to promote their business.

None of this happened, and it is not the first time there have been problems such as these:

• Web page updated regularly with pertinent information
  • Stage and overall results posted promptly
  • Information about opening ceremony
  • Day by day coverage
  • Photos
  • Video

What I find puzzling is that the solutions to these problems is so profoundly simple to rectify. I am confused how something so simple becomes so difficult.

This is not something unique to IPSC either. Our own association had no day by day coverage on the uspsa.org web-site. There were some updates on Facebook but considering Nationals is our premier event, I think we can and should do better.

Hopefully someone can point the WSXV organizers to these threads and those on the Global Village so lessons can be learnt.

Organizing a World Shoot is a huge undertaking, but it's not rocket science, it's a project. There are people reading this forum that work on bigger projects at their place of work.

Eric wins Open by 150 points (JJ at 96.71%) !!!

Karla Blowers (AUS) wins Women's Open, Megan in second place, Jessie in third.

Production 1,2,3 goes to USA, Vogel, Stoeger, Mink

Maria Gushchina (RUS) takes the women's title by 230 points over Julie Golob and Sara Dunivin (thats a huge margin !!!). Maria got over 83% of the mens scores !

36 DQ's

Maria Gushchina (RUS) takes the women's title by 230 points over Julie Golob and Sara Dunivin (thats a huge margin !!!). Maria got over 83% of the mens scores !

36 DQ's

Grueffel won by 70 points. Still a helluva deal.

36 DQ's

Maria´s (16 years !!) head coach is Vaclav Vinduska, top PRD shooter

The only IPSC event I've ever been to that banned cameras was the European Champs in 2007 and that banned cameras beyond the line (including hat-cams)-- seems the match people had cut a deal with somebody to produce an 'exclusive' DVD. The IPSC officials I talked to were not pleased about that.

With cheap consumer UAVs becoming available and increasing miniaturization of cameras it will be increasingly difficult to police any no-cameras rule. In fact we should have a live-streaming UAV at the next WS. That would rock for overhead shots. Tell the on-board GPS where to go and it goes there and stays there until told to go somewhere else.

It seems that these results are wrong. Guys from Rhodos reporting that Eduardo de Cobos was awarded for second place. I think we must wait for oficial results. Of course, another question when they will be shown to "peanut gallery" :)

It seems that these results are wrong. Guys from Rhodos reporting that Eduardo de Cobos was awarded for second place. I think we must wait for oficial results. Of course, another question when they will be shown to "peanut gallery" :)

From the IPSC Facebook page. Maybe results of the TEAM placement?

International Practical Shooting Confederation (IPSC)

Production Overall 1st Place - USA

Robert Vogel

Ben Stoeger

Matthew Mink

... Phil Strader

Congratulations USA!

When I go to the WS results page, I keep getting the pages from October 5. Refresh and nothing... Help, please

That's STILL true, and they can't even so much as get a hot-link up on ipsc.org; you have to copy/paste the url to get Oct 5th stage results.

However, goto the world shoot website and THEY have final overalls now posted in straight pdf format.

I've watched the progress of the World Shoot on the forum from who's going to it's all over. I've gone from excited ( I really want to see that!) to confused (Where can I see that?) to disappointed ( Rats! I didn't get to see that). It was about as anti-climactic as a popcorn fart! One of, if not the THE, biggest events in our sport and all the outsiders can't find a knothole in the fence. Bummer! I understand not going live or posting scores as it may give some advantage to any who haven't shot the stage. However, if I was running the media as of the end of shooting I'd have the scores up in any language applicable. That's just basic. Then there'd be the video. Boy would we have video. I'd have a large video production crew working OT setting up clips. Plug in Jerry M and you'd see every stage he shot in sequence. Plug in USA and you'd see every USA shooter on every stage. Yes, it would take a while but throw in an occasional ad for the equipment and sponsers and you have a 2 day marathon on Shooting USA seeing how it all transpired! Have a clip of the top 5 shooters on each stage and see how they ran it. Have the top shot critique and analyze the stage. Hell, have the LAST shooter analyze the stage and learn how to, or not, run the stage. The mind boggles of the entertainment and marketing opportunities. The Greater Orlando Chamber of Commerce needs to get on board with this. Where else ya gonna put 4000 shooters much less the families and watchers. Bus them in from all over. The Governors office needs to participate somehow. How about 30 minute shows on equipment? Guns, ammunition, shoes, sunblock, tactics. I can see hours of TV shows why competitors had problems; i.e. why so many DQ's? Come on guys! This is the USA!!! Lets show them how it SHOULD be done. We have an opportunity to set a high water mark to have other countries aspire to.

I REALLY don't want to see ANOTHER popcorn fart. Let's crank this puppy UP! I'm 65, from South Florida and the first volunteer. I'll do anything from RO to carry water. Anything to make this a spectacle! Who else is onboard with this? :goof:

Ron

TY63917

Edited by buckaroo45