Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rockcastle Shotgun Championship

Rockcastle Shooting Center will be hosting a shotgun championship the weekend of June29th-July 1st.

The match will consist of 20 stages ranging from short courses to long courses.

More details and website will be out soon.

Stage designers include Joe Satterfield, Patrick Kelly, and Jeff Cramblitt.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rockcastle Shooting Center will be hosting a shotgun championship the weekend of April 27th-29th.

More details and website will be out soon.

Stage designers include Noveske Shooting Team, Joe Satterfield, Patrick Kelley, and Jeff Cramblitt.

I guess I better get started...oh and I edited my last name within your quotes to reflect the proper spelling.

Man I hope my schedule let's me go!

Patrick

Hasn't the Blue Ridge 3 Gun match taught us anything? It rains in Kentucky in April. Let's do it in July. Plus my work schedule sucks in April.

Damnit! Nobody calls me to ask when they shoudl schedule their matches.

The good news is that there could possibly be 3 major shotgun only matches in the US this year, Nordic Components Tactical Shotgun, High Plains Shotgun, and now this. I think we will be ready for the world shoot.

Jesse, the difference, as I see it, between this and BRM3G is you need a lot less space to run a shotgun match. Muddy roads and lack of access shouldn't hamper this match. We may get wet, but unless Joe is planning on us shooting 400 yards with slugs (and man do I hope I'm not giving him the idea...) all the stages can be in close proximity to asphalt or gravel.

Jesse, the difference, as I see it, between this and BRM3G is you need a lot less space to run a shotgun match. Muddy roads and lack of access shouldn't hamper this match. We may get wet, but unless Joe is planning on us shooting 400 yards with slugs (and man do I hope I'm not giving him the idea...) all the stages can be in close proximity to asphalt or gravel.

I was more concerned about the fact that I can't leave my office in April than the weather. I was reaching for reason to push it back 2-3 or 8 weeks.

Maybe I should just buy a room in the lodge. :cheers: I'm trying to shoot 3-4 major matches next year, I may end up getting to shoot them all at Rockcastle! I'm a happy man, just 2.5 hours away.

DanO

Brilliant! Rockcastle condos. :cheers:

With Rockcastles facility and resources, it'd be cool to see some traps activated by steel, something like 3 poppers activating 2 traps each for 3 true pairs, say a crosser, 2 teals one falling forward, the other falling away, then one in and one out hi/lo. Zac could probably make the computer do it, but it'd be easy to rig with trip wires too. It'd be fast and easy to reset.

With Rockcastles facility and resources, it'd be cool to see some traps activated by steel, something like 3 poppers activating 2 traps each for 3 true pairs, say a crosser, 2 teals one falling forward, the other falling away, then one in and one out hi/lo. Zac could probably make the computer do it, but it'd be easy to rig with trip wires too. It'd be fast and easy to reset.

You must mean just like we did when we shot the Pan Am Shotgun Match last year? Just wait until you shoot LaRue targets with slugs.

You must mean just like we did when we shot the Pan Am Shotgun Match last year? Just wait until you shoot LaRue targets with slugs.

I didn't shoot the Pan AM, just thought it'd be fun to mix real clays into a SG match.

Rockcastle Shooting Center will be hosting a shotgun championship the weekend of April 27th-29th.

What do we consider a "long" course? Long distance or (more likely in my case) long time?

Anyway.....I am in :goof:

What do we consider a "long" course? Long distance or (more likely in my case) long time?

If Pan Am is any example, 100 yards up hill.

If Pan Am is any example, 100 yards up hill.

Charles, I thought it added a nice little touch, the elevation only changed by 50 feet! Not like it was 250 foot change....geeez!