Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Small pistol/shotgun steel

What about those used at Rockcastle? Does anyone have the source of those plates and stands? Or the dimensions for the face and base of those plates? The plates seemed to stick to the based like they were magnetized!

What about those used at Rockcastle? Does anyone have the source of those plates and stands? Or the dimensions for the face and base of those plates? The plates seemed to stick to the based like they were magnetized!

If you are talking the Pro-Am ones, they were home made as well. Those were my 5X5's being used.

If you are talking the Pro-Am ones, they were home made as well. Those were my 5X5's being used.

What size were the bases? I believe they were rectangular. did you have a flag or foot on the rebar ot keep it stable in the ground?

AR15Targets sells them

We ordered 50+ of the round ones after seeing them at the Texas Multigun Champs. I believe they were around $10 each without the stand shipped. We were spending about $80 a match on clays for 25 shooters.

Edited by prreed10

What size were the bases? I believe they were rectangular. did you have a flag or foot on the rebar ot keep it stable in the ground?

They were cut in a capital "I" shape. Ill have to check the dimensions tonight. No foort on the base pole. that is a good idea.

If you have, or can borrow a wire feed welder they are incredibly easy to make. Just get 1/4" mildly hard steel. If you get the cheaper mild steel they wont last long with hot pistol rounds. I had 2", 4", and 6" plates sheered afrom a local metal suply. Quite by accident I arranged one of the four inchers with a two inch on top and it looked like a mini IPSC steel plate. The two inch were supposed to be for feet and stands. I welded it up that way and everybody that shoots that shape loves it. Cost per target was about $5.00 ea.

I had some 5" plates made by a local welding shop out of AR500. They are great rifle targets, just a pain to reset. A 5" square at 300 is a good challenge for iron sights.

I really enjoy these at matches for pistol and shotgun.

Edited by Bryan 45

Trapr, I didn't say that I haven't shot my 5" plate at 400.

:cheers:

Obviously I did not say this was under "match stress." :)

I will testify to being a witness. The only problem is finding the plates in the tall grass after his .308 has knocked those darn things into the air.

They were cut in a capital "I" shape. Ill have to check the dimensions tonight. No foort on the base pole. that is a good idea.

Any dimensions on these? I tried to explain the "I" base to a local welder but no luck. Thanks in advance

DaG

Any dimensions on these? I tried to explain the "I" base to a local welder but no luck. Thanks in advance

DaG

IM me your phone number and I will text you a picture tonight.

I notice at the Pro-Am they were "I" shaped. Was that by design or just the material you had available? If it's by design do you find it worth the extra effort to produce?

Thanks,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, can anyone point me into the right direction for a source that sells those small square pistol/shotgun steel seen at Ozarks and Blue Ridge? I believe they are 5x5 but please correct if I'm wrong. Many thanks.

Phong,

We have the MGM 4" plates.... we shoot pistol, rifle and shotgun at them. They are a great value for what you get.... the only problem is chasing them after hitting them with a .308 ;-}