Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Local Fall 3Gun- NC,SC,WV,PA,TN,KY

I'm looking to squeeze in a couple of local matches before the end of the year. I live in Cental Ohio and know of the matches in Eastern IN and have no problem driving 10 hours to a good shoot. All info is greatly appreciated.

I'm looking to squeeze in a couple of local matches before the end of the year. I live in Cental Ohio and know of the matches in Eastern IN and have no problem driving 10 hours to a good shoot. All info is greatly appreciated.

I don't know about a 10hr drive for a Club Match but one of, if not THE best Club level match I have been to is in Owensboro, KY, Gary puts on an excellent match. At the Pro-Am he mentioned even stepping it up a bit for this Octobers match.

I don't know about a 10hr drive for a Club Match but one of, if not THE best Club level match I have been to is in Owensboro, KY, Gary puts on an excellent match. At the Pro-Am he mentioned even stepping it up a bit for this Octobers match.

+1 gary always puts on a great club.

+1 for Gary and Owensboro Rifle and Pisol Club. I have only been to one match, but it was well worth the 5 hour drive from Memphis. I will be back to their shoots. I won't make the Oct. shoot because of the Arkansas section match. Green River Gun Club in Bowling Green, KY has some. Check their website for dates. We have a multigun match every 3rd saturday in Memphis and if you are a pistol shooter there is always a USPSA match the next day on Sunday. Memphis Sport Shooting Association is the club. A couple of our stages are usually all 3 guns and although we don't use it every match we can shoot 300 yds. We always have stuff out to 200. $12 non member. Also look at Music City Tactical Shooters in Dickson, TN. They have a few a 3 gun matches a year and some run and gun shoots as well. Henry County Gun Club in Puryear, TN was having monthly matches, but I heard that is no longer as they are looking for a new match director.

Wilmore, KY (near Lexington) will have one on the 5th Sunday of October. Greg Brown is the match director and has been putting together really good stages for their matches. Go to www.bgslinc.com for details.

Edited by Bryan 45

Wilmore, KY (near Lexington) will have one on the 5th Sunday of October. Greg Brown is the match director and has been putting together really good stages for their matches. Go to www.bgslinc.com for details.

Owensboro and Wilmore both put on great 3 gun matches. Wilmore does what they can with what they have and Owensboro has state level matches! Both are worth the trip if your in the area and love some 3 gunnin'

I was headed to Puryear this spring and the MD called 2 days before and said the match would probably be cancelled because of rain and not waste the drive down. Too bad if they did actually lose him because he seemed like a nice guy. Owensboro looks like an awesome match with many competitors. I plan on making it to this shoot. Glengary looks awesome as well but I'm not up to a match that large, yet. I may ride down and watch though. The Memphis match is also intriguing with the pistols on Sunday. Keep them coming in guys.

Wow at least the guy from Henry County called you. I drove 2 hours from memphis only to have him leave 5 min. before I got there. I had to find out that the match was cancelled from some guys that were there. You are right. He was a nice guy and did a really good job of designing stages. I enjoyed shooting there. Come to Memphis. We have one on the 17th and a USPSA match on the 18th.

I just checked my schedule and found out that the weekend of the 29th I have a night shoot at my local range. The idea of two 3gun matches on the same weekend did interest me though. I just might do the Memphis weekend instead.

I just mapquested it and these two matches are only 3 hours away. If you stayed near Louisville on Saturday this would be a great weekend. If these two shoots coincide with each other next year I will definitely make it.

I am the new MD for the Henry County Gun Club. We will be resuming our 3-gun on October 22 and will be having a match on the 4th saturday of each month 12 months a year. Let me apologize for the way we dropped the ball before. Its not back up on the club website but will be soon. Also, look forward to some fun stages as we will have access to the 600yd range for upcoming matches. That means we will have plenty of room to move and for long rifle shots.

We will be using IMGA rules and time plus scoring. And will recognize Tac-Irons, Tac-Optics, and Open division.

Please feel free to call or email me with any of your questions. Also, shoot me an email if you want to be put on the list for match announcements, scores, stages, etc.

William Tyler McCutcheon

wtmccutcheon@gmail.com

270-994-0352

Memphis on Saturday. 6 stages, 4 using all three guns. 200 yard max rifle. Don't know the exact round count yet, but 100 rifle, 100 pistol, 75 birdshot and 10 slugs should do it. USPSA Sunday at the same range.

Extremely happy to see that Henry County is back on the calendar! Good job Will. Should be a few of us from Memphis for October. That only leaves one weekend open in October without a 3 gun match. Dickson on the 1, Memphis on the 15, Henry County on the 22, and either Arkanses section match or ORPCI on the 29th. Great month!

NC might be doable from January to March. I can't believe TN this month, you guys are so lucky to have this many matches. I wish Ohio would get on board.

It would be nice to have more matches in Ohio, but I'm in SW Ohio and I have a match to hit every weekend in October. Circleville, Atlanta, Clinton County, Bluegrass, and my local small private match. I can only drive about two hours to a match so I'm a little limited, but not in October. October is going to be busy.

If you are willing to make the long drive, I run a monthly match at Blackwater/ USTC in NC. It is held on the second Sunday each month.

Matt

IS there a calendar to see the schedule for your matches down there? Why is all the 3 gun shoots so difficult to search for? Everything is so spread out.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are willing to make the long drive, I run a monthly match at Blackwater/ USTC in NC. It is held on the second Sunday each month.

Matt

IS there a calendar to see the schedule for your matches down there? Why is all the 3 gun shoots so difficult to search for? Everything is so spread out.

We don't have a website or calendar. The schedule is pretty much set to the 2nd Sunday of each month. If you have any questions send them to 3gun@cox.net.