Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lost 35 pounds so far

Alaskapopo

Great job Alaskapopo.

As of this AM, I am down exactly 35lbs too, from Jan 1st.

Traveling for work always gets me off track! There are plenty of options available, but my will power sucks! I probably eat twice the amount of calories as I should and god help me if we go out for drinks at night.

Anyone have any tips for keeping your will power in check when you're traveling on business and the company is picking up the bill?

OP, I hope you don't think this is a thread drift.

I found about 10 of these lost pounds... :angry: I injured my self around mile 11 while running in a marathon and convinced myself it wasn't that bad and that I should finish strong... Mistake! I have not been able to really run for almost 3 months and I have now joined the "damn I am fat" club... For those of you that are doing well, GREAT JOB! :cheers:

Don't feel bad I lost 35 lbs and am still in the I am fat club! :blush:

Anyone have any tips for keeping your will power in check when you're traveling on business and the company is picking up the bill?

Just don't put yourself in the situation where your tempted to over do it. If you have the tendency to go to town at buffets etc then make it a point to avoid them. Just because the company pays doesn't mean you need to go to town and use every dime they allow. If eveningout for drinks is what gets you and you don't have the will power when out, just decline the invite and avoid the situation. Its much easier to stay on track when you avoid the tempting situations.

Did the low carb thing here and mine was always stopping somewhere for something to eat when out on the road which usually was fast food and super high in carbs. It got hard after working a 10-12 hour shift without a lunch break to pass up the "good food" till I got home especially when breakfast was maby eggs in the morning or a bar and a bar for lunch. Once you get in the pattern it becomes second nature

Good job Pat Iam the match director for our shoot on the 11th Ill put some field courses in for you .

Sorry Mark I will be visting my brother and his family in Fairbanks and shooting a match up there that weekend. Sucks because I hate to miss your matches you did a great job with the three gun this year. Oh by the way total weight loss is at 45 pounds as of this morning.

Pat

Update 9-7-11 weight loss is at 47 pounds with 51 more to go.

Edited by Alaskapopo

• 2 weeks later...

Good job Pat Iam the match director for our shoot on the 11th Ill put some field courses in for you .

Sorry Mark I will be visting my brother and his family in Fairbanks and shooting a match up there that weekend. Sucks because I hate to miss your matches you did a great job with the three gun this year. Oh by the way total weight loss is at 45 pounds as of this morning.

Pat

Update 9-7-11 weight loss is at 47 pounds with 51 more to go.

Update 9-19-11 half way there at 50 pounds lost 50 to go.

Pat

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That's incredible! How are you doing it? I need to lose about 20 pounds and I'm doing good to make 1 pound a month. :angry2: It might help a lot of people if you don't mind sharing.

Diet and exercise.

Here are the specifics.

1. breakfast. I eat as soon as I wake up to get my metabolism going. I usually have oatmeal with skim milk and some times cheerios. I am trying to be heart healthy here.

2. I work out a few hours after breakfast. I run for 35 minutes on a treadmill (its winter and cold outside) and then I do 25 minutes on an elliptical machine. So basically 35 minutes of high intensity cardio followed by 25 minutes of low intensity. My goal is always to burn at least 1000 calories in the workout before I leave and do 60 minutes total. I then do 3 sets of 80 crunches. I was doing bench press and curls but I hurt my shoulder so thats out for a bit.

3. I have lunch after the work out. This is generally a sandwich wrap I make with high fiber wheat tortes, tuna, low fat mayo, mustard, cheese, tomatoes, and pickles.

4. For dinner I eat a pre made salad from the grocery store. I snack on low fat cheese sticks, and fruit.

5. for a later meal I generally have a bag of steamed vegetables with lemon juice and a little bit of low fat imitation butter.

I do this 6 days a week and I take Sunday off for shooting matches. On Sunday I also have a cheat meal at a restaurant of my choosing. I vary the meals a bit with different kinds of salads and meat in the wraps. I am generally never hungry. The real secret I have found is to stay active and eat lots of smaller meals vs a few huge ones. I started slow on both the diet and the working out . For example in the beginning I just replaced dinner with a salad and I worked out on a elliptical for 3 to 4 days a week for 30 minutes. Then I did the wrap for lunch and started eating breakfast. Then I started running outside 5 days a week then 6 days. Then I started to increase the distance I ran until I was running for around an hour. Then when I went indoors I have gradually increased the speed on the treadmill then I started running hills. The point is to always challenge yourself. If something gets to easy youre not getting enough out of it. Step it up a bit but not too much. My Lt has also been a huge help. He lost 70 pounds and is almost at his ideal weight and fitness level. He had less to lose than me. We support each other and we compete a bit on who can run the fastest. In the beginning he could smoke me. Now I can keep up with him.

Also its easier to lose weight in the begining. You will lose less and less as you get closer to your ideal weight. For example I was losing 4 to 5 pounds a week for the first month. Then it dropped to 3 to 4 pounds. Then 2 to 3 and now its 1 to 2 pounds. This last month I only lost 8 pounds and the first month I lost 21 pounds.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

• 2 years later...

It's a great weight loss success to lose 35 pounds.

Continue your exercising and dieting routine to lose more pounds and get your desired body shape.

We're sorry to report that after two years of steady weight loss, Pat has disappeared. :roflol: