Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lost 35 pounds so far

Alaskapopo

May not fit in this area not sure. But I have started back on the fitness wagon. In the last 2 months I have lost 35 pounds eating right and excercising. I made the decision to get in better shape after being gassed on a long stage at a three gun match a few months back. Still have 62 pounds to go.

Pat

Now that you proved to YOURSELF that you can do it the other 62 pounds will come off. Take some time and relish how good you feel physically and mentally (about yourself). Remember that feeling and never let it go.

Congrats,:cheers:

Pat

May not fit in this area not sure. But I have started back on the fitness wagon. In the last 2 months I have lost 35 pounds eating right and excercising. I made the decision to get in better shape after being gassed on a long stage at a three gun match a few months back. Still have 62 pounds to go.

Pat

Not to worry. I found it for you. sad.gif

Pat

Nice work.

Stay tough and stick with it, and in 4 - 5 months you will be rock solid!

be

Good job brother. You will really notice at the end of your shift that your feet and knees don't hurt as much anymore ... you have more energy ...

Just remember, it's a lifestyle change, not a weightloss then regression plan! Keep it up and stay safe ...

A - 1*

Good job brother. You will really notice at the end of your shift that your feet and knees don't hurt as much anymore ... you have more energy ...

Just remember, it's a lifestyle change, not a weightloss then regression plan! Keep it up and stay safe ...

A - 1*

Absolutely. Diets don't work.

I ate without regard for decades, putting on about 8 lbs a year, every year from my 20's.

I pulled the pin at age 42. (and something on the north side of 360 lbs)

I cut out the fast food breakfasts and lunches. I started planing my meals around a 2000 calorie daily diet. I made sure I had choices available at work and at home.

In 10 months I'm down 85 pounds. At first I was averaging 12 pounds a month weight loss. For the last few months I'm not gaining, but only losing 1 pound or a bit more per month. It might take me years to shed another 60 pounds, but I've got time.

Edited by Canuck223

Hang in there brother. I've lost 85 pounds using the same routine of eat better, exercise and

"NEVER GIVE UP - NEVER GIVE IN" :sight:

I'm still a C shooter but I'm a lot better looking poser. :roflol:

A very good point.

If you do find yourself at the wrong end of a bad day, you've gotten stuck or given in to temptation, please remember two important things.

1) The day ends at bed time. The morning brings a fresh start.

2) Do your best to learn from the bad day. If there is a lesson to be learned to avoid the same problem, study it.

In the last 2 months I have lost 35 pounds eating right and excercising. Still have 62 pounds to go.

Pat

You better start adding weight again for the long hibernation

coming up:)

Just kidding !!

Great achievement - I dropped 25 lbs without exercising - just kept

the carbs/fats down a bit.

Just started walking 3.6 miles/day (down to the Dairy Queen :)

Just kidding about the DQ - the exercise is good too.

Keep going - but I bet you're going to be cold this winter with

all the weight off:)

Jack

I have nothing but profound admiration for folks who set about losing weight and doing so with enthusiasm and smarts. It pays off big when you're done. You FEEL so much better, your HEALTH overall is far better, and (in most cases) you get a new wardrobe of hip, fun clothing. :D

I was only overweight ONCE in my life (about 50lbs more than presently) and it was all just too much beer (and vodka) and too many hamburgers. I lost most of it the first month and the rest over a period of maybe three months. I've never been heavy again.

In fact, now I have to worry about LOSING too much weight (I weigh between 95-100lbs) because I spent such a long time on a low-fat diet. My metabolism has apparently changed and I burn calories like an Abrams tank burns fuel. In being "skinny" I now suffer more readily from the cold in winter, so have to cover the arthritic joints carefully when the temps drop. But I doubt I'll ever be overweight again.

The trick is LONG-TERM dietary habits. Good health is a life-long practice.

Congrats to all on the forum who have reduced their bulk and chosen the comfort of good health. Sure feels good, doesn't it? :D

Down 55 so far here. Exercise is off and on depending on work schdule which has included a ton of OT recently. Work out of the vehicle about 98 percent of the time so for a long time was basically fast food or nothing. As of recent, been making due on the meal replacement bars till dinner.

No longer at EKU since I graduated there. Typically I work early morings out of the house early and home late since we are so short handed at wok. 70 hours is pretty average these days and pulled 91 hours last week. Hoping it slows down more in the "slow season" to get back to the gym more.

I have lost 35lbs too, started out low carb but now just eating three meals a day and drinking lots of water.

Drinking lots of water is huge. Some years ago, I comitted to never drinking less than one-half gallon a day (I weight 165 - 170). I feel it's improved every aspect of my body's function.

My old "trick": Fill up a half gallon water bottle when I got up in the morning. Then leave a "special" water glass on the kitchen counter, where I see it throughout the day. Drink from it every time I pass it, then make sure the bottle is empty by the end of the day.

Current trick: Fill up a one quart Nalgene (water bottle) when I first get up in the morning. Make sure I drink at least two of those before I crack my first beer.

be

I found about 10 of these lost pounds... :angry: I injured my self around mile 11 while running in a marathon and convinced myself it wasn't that bad and that I should finish strong... Mistake! I have not been able to really run for almost 3 months and I have now joined the "damn I am fat" club... For those of you that are doing well, GREAT JOB! :cheers: