Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Backordering Zero Bullets

RobfromME

Good morning,

Is there a preferred place to backorder Zero bullets where you are relatively sure to get them on the next run and not be put back in the queue for the next run months later?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Warmest regards,

Rob

Good question. I got so tired of waiting for my order (over 8 months), I cancelled it and went with Montana Gold. Had the bullets in less than a week. Same goes for every time I ordered from MG since.

Bayou Bullets has gotten my last few orders and I have no complaints at all. I have had all three of my last orders show up at my door within 5 business days.

Donnie's customers service, willingness to answer questions, and response time has been outstanding. :cheers:

Shooters Connection on this Forum.

+1 They ship extremely fast and if you call to ask when they'll be in stock they won't b.s. ya. They'll tell you straight up, we really have no idea when those are coming in. It may sound weird but at least they're not telling you 3 weeks and you have to keep calling and calling. Great people over there.

Bayou Bullets has gotten my last few orders and I have no complaints at all. I have had all three of my last orders show up at my door within 5 business days.

Donnie's customers service, willingness to answer questions, and response time has been outstanding. :cheers:

Good afternoon,

You are absolutely correct about Donnie. He's one of the finest. I ordered my first bunch of bullets for 38 Special from him and can't wait to try them out...they just came yesterday.

I was actually looking for jacketed bullets for this application, though. However, I'm tempted to go to Donnies bullets in my autos, too.

Thanks for the feedback!

Warmest regards,

Rob

Hello again, all,

I would also like to recognize Shooter's Connection and CZ Custom as outstanding vendors, too. They have both been stellar as well. I would gladly order with any of them.

I didn't know if perhaps some vendors were considered "distributors" and others "dealers" with Zero bullets. In some industries that seems to make a difference whether or not they get high demand items in sufficient quantity to meet needs.

I must say that, unlike some hobbies/interests I have, the folks in the shooting world have, 99% of the time, been fantastic people to deal with. I haven't run into a bad one yet, although I'm sure there's one or two. The quality of the people in shooting has been one of the best aspects of the hobby/sport (addiction!)

Once again, thanks to all for your continued suggestions and input.

Warmest regards,

Rob

Edited by RobfromME

Given the O.P.s specific question, I would put the back order in with Roze Distribution or with Powder Valley.

You can check Montana Gold and Precision Delta as alternative companies.

Powder Valley has the following in stock:

ZER9FMJ115500 ZERO 9MM 115 FMJ (500) Yes $52.00

ZER9FMJ1151000 ZERO 9MM 115 FMJ (1000) Yes $96.00

ZER9FMJ1153000 ZERO 9MM 115 FMJ (3000) Yes $269.00

ZER38SJHP121500 ZERO 38 SUPER (.356) 121 JHP (500) Yes $54.00

ZER38SJHP1211000 ZERO 38 SUPER (.356) 121 JHP (1000) Yes $100.00

ZER38SFMJ125500 ZERO 38 SUPER (.356) 125 FMJ (500) Yes $57.00

ZER38SFMJ1251000 ZERO 38 SUPER (.356) 125 FMJ (1000) Yes $106.00

ZER38SFMJ1253000 ZERO 38 SUPER (.356) 125 FMJ (3000) Yes $298.00

ZER38SFMJ135500 ZERO 38 SUPER (.356) 135 FMJ (500) Yes $52.00

These all work great in 9x19.

Roze has the following in stock:

9MM (.355) Diameter) - 115 GR JHP

9MM (.355) Diameter) - 115 GR FMJ

9MM (.355) Diameter) - 124 GR FMJ

9MM (.355) Diameter) - 125 GR JHP

9MM (.355) Diameter) - 125 GR FPFMJ

9mm 115 gr JHP NEW Conical

38 Super (.356 Diameter) - 125 GR FMJ

38 Super (.356 Diameter) - 150 GR FMJ

Again, these will all work well in 9x19

Montant Gold has the following heavier bullets:

9mm 130gr. FMJ

.38 caliber 142gr. FMJ..yellow

With the .38 bullet, just start with the starting load and work up like you would for any new bullet.

Precision Delta has the following heavier bullets in stock:

vB-9-147-FMJ-TC .355 diam. 9mm Luger 147gr Full Metal Jacket - Truncated Cone - Copper Jacket for $95.00 per 1000

Hope this helps.

I've always used cz custom first, if he didn't have them it was either shooter's connection or target barn. Which ever had them or was the cheapest. After reading on here how good the Bayou bullets are, I gave Donnie a call and talked to him. I was very impressed that he would take time out of his day to talk to me and answer all my questions. I ordered 2500 180 gr 40 cal from him and they should be here by the end of the week. If they shoot half as good as everyone says they do, I have bought my last jacketed bullet.

• 3 weeks later...