Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is your favorite motivational saying or quote?

CSEMARTIN

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching one of these shows about people who had been in these horrible incidents/accidents. I can't remember the name of the program now. One of the survivors interviewed was some sort of martial arts champion. He was in south or central America riding his motorcycle when he was kidnapped and held hostage. He was a prisoner for weeks if not months. He tried different things to get his captors to release him... Hunger strike... Slicing his forehead open,etc.

When he was finally let go, he was taken to the hospital. The authorities showed up a few days later with a plane ticket back to the U.S. He was like "what's this?". The authorities tried to convince him to go back home. He said no, that he wanted to complete his cross country motorcycle trip. He walked out if the hospital and completed his journey. The little pearl of wisdom he spoke before his interview was over was:

"An obstacle is something you see when you lose sight of your goal."

The sun don't shine on teh same dog's ass all the time.

When yu get to teh fork in the road, take it- Yogi Berra

Man, I was so drunk, I couln't see through a ladder- fellow Marine in 1973 or 1974, at the E Club at 29 Palms

One from my dad.

"I don't give a shit if you won or lost. There will always be people better and worse than you. You damned well had better have done everything you could to have won though."

Edited by Neomet

A couple of my favorites......

"When life gets tough and it looks like the gators are going to get you,

step back, take a deep breath and start killing them one at a time, usually

the closest ones first."

MSGPaul Howe

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take it's place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Lance Armstrong

Pursue Until Your Heart Stops

Travel In Packs, Arrive Angry!

UnknownNight Stalker

Edited by Romans 13 4

• 2 weeks later...