Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glocked or Bulged Brass

benos

Since this is a never ending issue, and I get this topic on the phone and in email all the time, I thought I'd pin this thread with some links.

If anyone finds other links with informative info on this issue, please post the link(s) in this thread and I'll move them into this post.

EGW U-Die:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65410

Glocked Brass:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=131836

GrumpyOne's search post (with lots of links) in the above thread:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=131836&view=findpost&p=1505456

Redding GRx Die

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=81646

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a Case Pro but after getting a Lee die at my first station on the 550, I don't use it anymore for my 40 Glocked brass, but I still use the Case pro for 45acp on my 1050...probably should get amLee die in 45.... Seems to work fine..

Marine Corp

Colonial Shooting Academy

• 9 months later...

I've recently started loading .40 for a Glock 24 and haven't had an issue with chambering. I bought a couple thousand once fired cases from the classifieds here and they have the Glock bulge. I assume that if I size them and have no issues with chambering in my Glock, then I don't need to run them through the bulge buster?

• 2 weeks later...

I must have missed an important chapter. Been Loading for Glock 9mm's for a long time. I just feed the brass to the Dillon and then feed it to the Glock. Never had a problem with dreaded bulged brass. My loads are mild 147 coated lead..and life is simple.

Edited by rdinga

I must have missed an important chapter. Been Loading for Glock 9mm's for a long time. I just feed the brass to the Dillon and then feed it to the Glock. Never had a problem with dreaded bulged brass. My loads are mild 147 coated lead..and life is simple.

You aren't missing anything, that is because it isn't a 9mm issue (or a .380, or a .45 acp, or a 10mm, or a .357 or a 45 GAP issue). It only truly applies to .40 S&W and only certain generations of 40 S&W Glocks which had a poorly supported chamber.

• 2 weeks later...

New to 40 reloading. Have some from a friend. Half of the rounds looked slight bulged near the bottom, should I just discard? Is this the infamous glock bulge? Can I remove the bulge at the first station (dillion 650) ? Hate to run thru the round again after its finished. I understand that removing the bulge shortens brass life, and how do you tell the end is near before reloading. Have not bought any 40 cal. dies yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree w/ @fiddler. 40 s&w brass is so cheap and easy to get that i have a hard time justifying the use of previously bulged brass in any of my guns.

40 brass may be easy to get now, but in hard times last year it wasn't. If I hadn't had a Bulge Buster last year I wouldn't have had ammo to shoot.

What I look for is a "smile". If it looks blistered in a bottom part of the 40 case I toss it. If it looks a little swelled at the bottom it gets the bulge buster. With that said I bust all of my 40 rounds clean and empty then load. No problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...