Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Multigun matches in Ohio

There are a couple of multigun matches coming up in Ohio for those interested.

The first one is at Rayner's. This one will be 6 stages, 100 rounds per gun, no buck or slugs, USPSA rules, $20 entry, up to 250 yard rifle shots, start time is about anytime before noon. The way it work there is when you have a squad together you take off and shoot the match. 9:00 is about as early as you can start. There is no set up or tear down at this range. Just come and shoot. Food and drinks are available for purchase.

The other is at Pickaway County Sportsmen. It will be 4 or 5 stages, IMGA rules, $20 entry, 75 rounds per gun, 100 yard max, start time 10:00. You may need slugs at this one. Set up starts at 8:00 AM and if you can help it gets you $10 off your entry. No food or drinks, so pack a lunch.

I'm not in charge of either match, but can probably answer any questions, so feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Hope to see you there.

Don't forget Clinton County on August 28th.

It's not Ohio, but just a bit West in Atlanta, Indiana on August 14 is another match

I attend.

Rayner's is a bit too far for me to make in one day. I didn't realize you could start as late as noon though, so I may have to take another look at that.

I'm looking forward to another great match at PCSI.

Could you post a link to the range in Atlanta, IN? How many stages and how far out arr the rifle targets? IMGA or USPSA? All info is appreciated. We are always looking for a good 3gun around Ohio.

Could you post a link to the range in Atlanta, IN? How many stages and how far out arr the rifle targets? IMGA or USPSA? All info is appreciated. We are always looking for a good 3gun around Ohio.

Atlanta Conservation Club MultiGun August 14:

5 stages. Max distance is 35 yards. IMA style rules. The club website is a clunkler. For all the info available there and then some, check out indianamultigun.com.

Thanks,

Ryan

Atlanta Conservation Club MultiGun August 14:

5 stages. Max distance is 35 yards. IMA style rules. The club website is a clunkler. For all the info available there and then some, check out indianamultigun.com.

Thanks,

Ryan

What Ryan said, but don't be fooled by the 35 yard rifle targets. They may only be 35 yards away, but they are also scaled down to about 1/2 normal size, and then painted with hard cover to make for some pretty challenging rifle shots. Especially if you shoot tac optics and you have to figure out just how low to aim on the closer targets. It's a well-run match with good stages. We need to talk the MD into staying. ;-)

Rayner's match was great but I couldn't believe there were only 27 shooters. The stages were well thought out and we used all 3 guns on 3 stages. Where else in Ohio can you shoot one 300 yard target, four 260 yard targets, and then two 240 yard targets all in the same stage. I know it's hard work but I wish they had more 3gun shoots here. Thanks Tom and I can't wait for next year.

I made it out to Rayner's for the first time to shoot the 3-Gun match. It was a really well done match, about 200 rounds total with a good mix of guns. The last stage was the best---lots of ground to cover, a bunch of pistol targets, a bunch of shotgun plates, and then rifle out to 300 yards. It's quite a haul for me to get out there, but I will make sure to shoot there again.

Best shot of the match---a steel torso at 100 yards that was a non-threat; the threat target was the 4-inch red plate over the shoulder, and it had to be the first steel you engaged on that stage. A 100 yard hostage rescue shot on a steep incline with no chance to test your PoI on another target first. Nice. :cheers:

Best shot of the match---a steel torso at 100 yards that was a non-threat; the threat target was the 4-inch red plate over the shoulder, and it had to be the first steel you engaged on that stage. A 100 yard hostage rescue shot on a steep incline with no chance to test your PoI on another target first. Nice. :cheers:

That target has been used for the pistol match for the last couple of months. He usually has it about 15 yards or so away.

• 4 months later...

Thanks, Flex. Looks like the first Sundays, so maybe April's is on the 1st. I still don't see anything on their site.

I called the Match Director. He'd just recently turned those dates into the club...so they aren't official yet.

April would put them on Easter...so it won't happen...might be moved.

Thanks, Flex. Looks like the first Sundays, so maybe April's is on the 1st. I still don't see anything on their site.

I called the Match Director. He'd just recently turned those dates into the club...so they aren't official yet.

Easter is the second Sunday, April 8. April 1st is a Sunday, so it could be on the 1st.

I guess we'll see.

Easter is the second Sunday, April 8. April 1st is a Sunday, so it could be on the 1st.

I guess we'll see.

Multigun matches are the Sunday after the first Saturday of the month at PCSI. USPSA is the first Saturday, so the majority of the USPSA stage set up is used the next day for Multigun.

The MD is considering the next Sunday, April 15th. The second Saturday is the IDPA match at PCSI, so the thought is to use those stage setups as the basis of the Multigun. MD is trying to work it out.

I guess we'll see.

Multigun matches are the Sunday after the first Saturday of the month at PCSI. USPSA is the first Saturday, so the majority of the USPSA stage set up is used the next day for Multigun.

The MD is considering the next Sunday, April 15th. The second Saturday is the IDPA match at PCSI, so the thought is to use those stage setups as the basis of the Multigun. MD is trying to work it out.

So if I come down from MI I can shoot a pistol match sat and a 3gun on sunday? What are the seperate matches like, how many stages, typical rd count per stage and match, mix of steel and paper?

So if I come down from MI I can shoot a pistol match sat and a 3gun on sunday? What are the seperate matches like, how many stages, typical rd count per stage and match, mix of steel and paper?

You got it. USPSA is normally 5 stages including a classifier stage. They are typically high round count, 25-32 each. Steel is about 1/4 of targets overall (that's a guess). There was a stage of 26 or 28 all steel last year.

After USPSA is done on Saturday afternoon, modification of the stages for Multi-gun begins.

There are usually 4 multi-gun matches a year in April, June, August, and October. The matches are typically 5 stages. I don't have enough posts to attach a link to the stage descriptions, but the round counts for the last two matches were: Rifle-75, Pistol-24, Shotgun-37, Slugs-6 and Rifle-60, Pistol-37, Shotgun-42, Slugs-2

You got it. USPSA is normally 5 stages including a classifier stage. They are typically high round count, 25-32 each. Steel is about 1/4 of targets overall (that's a guess). There was a stage of 26 or 28 all steel last year.

After USPSA is done on Saturday afternoon, modification of the stages for Multi-gun begins.

There are usually 4 multi-gun matches a year in April, June, August, and October. The matches are typically 5 stages. I don't have enough posts to attach a link to the stage descriptions, but the round counts for the last two matches were: Rifle-75, Pistol-24, Shotgun-37, Slugs-6 and Rifle-60, Pistol-37, Shotgun-42, Slugs-2

THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION. LOOKING FORWARD TO SHOOTING THESE THIS YEAR.