Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for some literature on 1911

Blank Zero

Hello all,

When I was shooting glock, I was using "the complete glock reference guide third edition" to learn the in and the out of dissemble the gun and how it work. It was quite an education for me, and now I am wondering is there such book for 1911? The reason for me to ask this question is because I only have been field strip my Gold Match Kimber 1911 to clean it. I don't really know how to get to all the inside parts like the extractor, firing pin, clean out all the sears... etc.

Any information would be greatly appreciate. Oh, I looked on youtube, everyone just do field strip and clean, is it good enough already that's why?

Thank you so much in advance,

Blank

The books that i used to learn the 1911 inside and out,upside down and backwards, etc, etc were all gunsmithing books written by patrick sweeney. There are tons of great books on the 1911 that go into great detail as well as history out there, but patricks sweeneys books seem to help me the most, never looked for any more after i found them.

Good morning,

I have both of Kuhnhausen's books and they are indeed excellent!

Two more excellent books that I've found very valuable are:

The M1911 Complete Owner's Guide

and

The M1911 Complete Assembly Guide

Both by Mr. Walt Kuleck. They're well written and interesting with a great deal of technical information, history, and other info regarding the 1911. Additionally, Mr. Kuleck is a gentleman in every sense of the word. He'll answer any questions in a timely manner and has always been very helpful.

Warmest regards,

Rob

The Kunhausen stuff might be a bit in-depth for what you need. I would suggest The Wilson Combat 1911 Auto Maintenance Manual. It takes you through disassembly and reassembly in a simple, understandable, step-by-step fashion, with color photos of every step along the way.

http://www.google.co...ved=0CC4Q8wIwAg

Great thread. Thanks for the link. I've been looking for something just like the Wilson Manual.