Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many rounds can you load per hour

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A zombie thread, this....re-awakened.

waiting to hear the Mark 7 users report their real-life rounds/hour....

I'll bite (see what I did there? ;-) )

Super 1050 w/ MkVII Autodrive

Experience: 25+ years

Case Feeder: yes

Bullet Feeder: yes (MBF)

Average Rounds/Hour, Pistol: 1650-1,700 true rounds an hour depending on how fast I can feed cases, primers, powder and bullets in

Average Rounds/Hour, Rifle: n/a (yet)

Super 1050 (manual)

Bullet Feeder: no

Average Rounds/Hour, Pistol: 800-1,000

Average Rounds/Hour, Rifle: 500-700

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RL550B

Case feeder: no

Benos as it should be: yes

.45 acp, 9mm, .380 acp, .30 carbine 400-500 per hour

5.56mm after case prep 400 per hour

.308, 30/06, 8x57 powdered by hand so much less never timed

Edited by rustybayonet
Clean it up

On December 7, 2016 at 9:16 PM, Want2BS8ed said:

I'll bite (see what I did there? ;-) )

Super 1050 w/ MkVII Autodrive

Bullet Feeder: yes (MBF)

Average Rounds/Hour, Pistol: 1650-1,700 true rounds an hour depending on how fast I can feed cases, primers, powder and bullets in

Average Rounds/Hour, Rifle: n/a (yet)

Super 1050 (manual)

Bullet Feeder: no

Average Rounds/Hour, Pistol: 800-1,000

Average Rounds/Hour, Rifle: 500-700

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Mark VII also and my true rounds per hour is about the same as yours.  But that's not counting all the time spent upstream dialing in the adjustments to permit that steady rate (bullet topple, case wiggle, powder splash, etc etc). I'm convinced that the break even point on rounds/hour with a Mark7 is a lot longer than most folks think. It is certainly easier on the joints tho, watching the press cycle rather than pulling the handle....

Q

• 2 weeks later...

Never understood the "how fast can you load" thing. I take my time and make sure I make accurate ammunition. No double charges, primer in every case, bullets seated to proper depth....  IMO it's not a race. Been loading for  years and been enjoying every moment of it. 

550b no case feeder or bullet feeder

Edited by Uboofer

11 minutes ago, Uboofer said:

Never understood the "how fast can you load" thing. I take my time and make sure I make accurate ammunition. No double charges, primer in every case, bullets seated to proper depth....  IMO it's not a race. Been loading for  years and been enjoying every moment of it. 

550b no case feeder or bullet feeder

I agree 100%.  Unless the match starts in an hour and I don't have any ammo made :ph34r:

I timed my Square Deal with 100 primers and mixed brass. 

45ACP- 9 min.

9mm-  14+ min. 

Mixed brass 9mm sucks. Plus getting a bullet to sit reasonably straight on the mouth is way harder than the .45, no matter how much you bell it. 

• 2 weeks later...

650 and 900

7 years experience

Case feeder on both

I load at a leisurely pace, not racing or rushing.  I look inside EVERY case to make sure of the powder level, even with a powder sensor on the 650.  That being said, a normal pace is about 500 rounds per hour on my 650 for 9mm.  This is assuming I have cases lubed and primer tubes filled already.  On my 900 for 12g, I can leisurely load and box up 200 rounds per hour.

Edited by Polaris13

• 4 weeks later...

RF100
Experience: 8+ years

RL 550B x2 (sold)

Casefeeder: No

Experience: 3+ years

Average Rounds/Hour, Pistol: 650 - 750

RL 650B x2

Casefeeder: Yes

Experience: 5+ years

Average Rounds/Hour, Pistol: 1500+ w/MBF

Super 1050 x1

Experience: 2+ years

Average Rounds/Hour, Pistol: 1800+ w/MBF (anything faster than 1800rph and my arm fails to last more than 300 rounds.) 

• 2 weeks later...

RL1050

case feeder yes

bullet feeder yes

experience 3 years

rounds hour of 9mm 600.

600 rph is me walking out to the garage with nothing ready. so im lubing cases, filling primer tubes ect. then it also includes case gauging and packaging. so this is 600 rph for the total deal, not just handle pulling.

3 hours ago, rowdyb said:

RL1050

case feeder yes

bullet feeder yes

experience 3 years

rounds hour of 9mm 600.

600 rph is me walking out to the garage with nothing ready. so im lubing cases, filling primer tubes ect. then it also includes case gauging and packaging. so this is 600 rph for the total deal, not just handle pulling.

I believe this is the correct way to measure.  However, as a side bar, it would be nice to know how many times you pulled the handle in a 5 or 10 minute cycle.

Dillon 650

mr bullet feeder

case feeder

when everything is loaded up I can get 100 rounds in 5 minutes no problem. If you had an additional 9 primer tubes filled, and powder, primers, etc. close at hand you could probably do 1000 rounds an hour. Your may get spaghetti arm. Ymmv.

• 2 weeks later...

RL 550B

Aluminum Roller Handle: Yes

Average Rounds/Hour,  400 but really don't push it. 

Average Rounds/Hour, Rifle: Never really timed .223/5.56 but will next time  

I remember back in the 90's when I first got this press I could get 500 rnds. per hr.

• 2 weeks later...

Me..

RL 550B
Experience: 3 months
Average Rounds/Hour, 9MM Pistol: 250-300 (have not gotten my loads down for two new pistols)

Average Rounds/Hour, .45 Pistol : 400-450

Average Rounds/Hour, Rifle: N/A

I have all my primer tubes loaded in advance and all extras (cases, bullets and powder ready)

Edited by Callelk

• 5 years later...

been reloading about 2 years on my dillon 550c loaders( one for  45  acp large primer, one for 9mm).  read(maybe too much) about issue s  with powder loads, primers flipping... never want to be the squib/misfire/hangfire  guy . I have sat over  every round I load to be sure that  every case is  usable( hand sort out cases that will not load SPP easily or spp 45 acp cases),every  case gets a new primer, all powder loads  drop...I did have issues with  the primer  tower screws  needing to be constantly adjusted. I fixed that issue. THAT one issue took 15 seconds or more every 5 minutes away from  the reloading process). I load 80% 9mm,  20%  45 acp.  ZERO  errors have been found--all  round shot( 30,000 so far)

That said, I am wondering  what I  NEED  to do to  produce more  rounds/ hour.  All of you are WAY ahead of me. I produce 150/hour at best( without  malfunctions to be tended to)

This thread( and others) have left me wondering if I am overdoing safety?  and what I can to to  increase my production/ hour.?  Also  wondering how some can  safely produce  400-600/hour?  Now it  takes me  all winter to produce the rounds I need  yearly.

thanks for any advice in advance

Edited by boatdoc173