Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MultiGun Club Match - Atlanta Conservation Club 6-12-11

Come out and join us for ACC’s MultiGun match Sunday, 6-12-11. It will be a fun and challenging test of your rifle, handgun, and shotgun skills. We are planning on 5 courses of fire.

MATCH DATE: Sunday June 12, 2011

Shooters' Meeting: 9:45 AM

Match starts immediately following shooters' meeting

RULES: Indiana Multi-Gun Rules

Please see our website, IndianaMultiGun.com for more info.

MATCH FEE: $25 for Nonmembers, $20 for members, $10 for juniors with paid adult. Half off for ROs. Half off for Saturday Set Up Crew.

SET-UP: Set-up will be on Saturday before the match. This Saturday, we will get started around 2:00. Please let us know if you can help, even if only for an hour. The more help we get from volunteers, the better the matches will be!

Approximate Minimum Round count:

Rifle – 53

Handgun - 51

Birdshot – 36

Slug – 8

I recommend that you bring double the numbers above for the ammo that you bring to the match. You can always take ammo back home with you, but running out at the match is a bummer!

Here is a breakdown of the proposed stages:

Stage 1 – 8 Slug, 26 Handgun

Stage 2 - 22 Birdshot

Stage 3 - 16 Handgun, 5 Birdshot, 8 Rifle

Stage 4 - 36 Rifle

Stage 5 – 9 Rifle, 9 Handgun, 9 Birdshot

This month you will need to be able to carry enough shotgun shells to finish a 22-round course. So please plan accordingly.

If you shot one of our Multi-Gun matches before, you can expect this match’s difficulty level to be similar. If haven’t shot one of our Multi-Gun matches, you may find this match to be somewhat more demanding than your typical USPSA or IDPA club pistol match— expect some shots to be a bit more technically demanding, and some shooting positions to be a bit more awkward physically.

It will benefit you to know the point of impact (POI) of all 3 of your guns, from contact distance out to approximately 25 yards. Half-scale paper targets will be used for rifle. We often implement NewBold synthetic targets for rifle, which will equate to 8 MOA or larger at our distances. Know your shotgun pattern, as there will be some steel no-shoot plates placed in close proximity to shoot targets.

Please see our website, IndianaMultiGun.com for more info.

NOTE: that all matches at AtlantaCC are conducted under a COLD RANGE as per USPSA rules. All guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. Long guns should remain bagged, or in a rack with an open action, and/or an "empty chamber indicator" (flag) in place. It is the shooter's responsibility to ensure that the muzzle of any gun is never pointed in an unsafe direction. You may only handle your gun only at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe areas." You may not handle any ammunition or loaded magazines in the safe areas. Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

Thanks to all who attended for what turned out to be a really fun match. Scores from Sunday's MultiGun match at ACC are now posted on IndianaMultiGun.com under Results.

Special thanks again to Dale Shultz, Jeff Stanch, and Larry Hoskins for Setting up the stages on Saturday. More help is always needed, guys. Please chip in next time on Saturday, if at all possible, if even just for an hour.

Also, if you have an idea for a stage, please let us know. We'd be more than happy to let you design and set up a stage. This is an "outlaw" match, so as long as its safe, the only limitation is the stage designer's imagination. The same goes for props. Jeff Stowers donated the V-Tac 9-Hole barricade towards the end of last season. If anyone has a prop that they'd like to build, please let me know. I for one would love to see a breaching door. If you don't know what that is, it's a door prop that you blow the "lock" off of before entering. The "lock" is typically a piece of 1x2 or similar. Needless to say, it's really cool.

Another special thanks to the Ron Cooper, Jon Furman, Adam Lux, and Bill Patton for stepping up as ROs. There always seems to be a shortage of ROs, and the same guys few always seem to step up and take the role. It would be really nice once in a while for these guys to just come out and shoot a match.

You all have Jon Furman to thank for the hard cover... I'm making it known that I didn't put out one stinkin' piece of it... the no shoots, however were all me.

Thanks to see you at the next match INMG club event, Speed Shotgun at Riley Conservation Club, June 25.

Please check the schedule on IndianaMultiGun.com for additional scheduled INMG matches.

Thanks again!

Edited by rz317

I had a good time and will be back. I hope the matches continue. For some reason, every time I find a match within reasonable driving distance the match director quits!

I have a breaching door that I made and have used and it is very cool. I would be happy to drag it out to a match, but as I am a little over two hours away it would just have to show up with me on match day and be put in place. You blow it with a shotgun held up close to a piece of wood. I use 1"x1/2" pieces about 8" long. I have spring hinges on the door so it swings open when blown. Maybe you could waive my match fee for rental. ;)

Here it is in action:

I thought the hard cover was cool, tough, but cool. I think you did a great job of creating challenging rifle shots over short distances.

The only thing I would've done differently was how the no-shoots were scored on the slug stage. At least on my squad, people were penalized for no-shoots when their wad hit the cardboard. Luckily, it didn't happen to me, but I saw two people get penalties that I wouldn't have given them. I can understand on the steel stage counting the no-shoots even if they were hit by a wad, which I took to be your meaning during the pre-match meeting, but my ROs took it to refer to all the no-shoots, cardboard and steel.

Fun match, nice job! :cheers: