Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Working in SLC now...

I just got here last weekend and know that there are places to shoot around town.... But it seem's that all of the local matchs are on Sat., and I have to work Saturdays... Any place shooting Steel?????? on Sunday or weekday nights????

Thanks... :cheers:

Check out this web site,(www.utahshooters.org) not much going on during the week, and matches are on Saturdays. SLPSA will be having a steel match this coming Sunday at the Lee Kay Center.

Edited by TY47118

If you haven't figured it out yet, the LDS church is king in Utah and that means the only fun things to do on Sundays are to ski/hike/mountain bike or shoot alone at a public range - which should be open. I know there was one near the mouth of either big or little cottonwood. Can't quite remember as it's been 11 years since I've lived there.

There are plenty of "shooters" in Utah. Most just go out to the west desert and blast away at bottles and stuff.

I just got back from there shot the dec,jan & feb matches with slps

never did make it to the ltd match in bountiful

If i didn't have get back to work, I'd attend the steel match on Sunday but that is the day we are headed back to gunnison CO

I just got here last weekend and know that there are places to shoot around town.... But it seem's that all of the local matchs are on Sat., and I have to work Saturdays... Any place shooting Steel?????? on Sunday or weekday nights????

Hello Raymond: Welcome to SLC, first the info you were given regarding SLPSA is correct, they shoot one steel challenge match per month on Sunday, there is a bowling pin match each Wednesday night at Doug's shootin sports on Redwood Road @ South and a man on man plate rack match on Thursday evenings at Getsomeguns on state street @ South (you will need @ 140 power factor to do well). The range you remember at the mouth of Big cottonwood canyon closed a few years ago leaving the Division of wildlife range, (Lee Kay Center) on west hwy 201 (21st south) . Range masters in Springville, UT, hold a few indoor matches a few nights per month, check out UDPL.net and Utah shooters.org for other options.

Hello Raymond: Welcome to SLC, first the info you were given regarding SLPSA is correct, they shoot one steel challenge match per month on Sunday, there is a bowling pin match each Wednesday night at Doug's shootin sports on Redwood Road @ South and a man on man plate rack match on Thursday evenings at Getsomeguns on state street @ South (you will need @ 140 power factor to do well). The range you remember at the mouth of Big cottonwood canyon closed a few years ago leaving the Division of wildlife range, (Lee Kay Center) on west hwy 201 (21st south) . Range masters in Springville, UT, hold a few indoor matches a few nights per month, check out UDPL.net and Utah shooters.org for other options.

Cool....Dougs shooting range is about 10 blocks south of where i'm working... :goof: I saw it while heading to Wal-mart...Planing to shoot the steel match this sunday... I remember shooting some IDPA stuff at impact in Sandy back in 03... mater of fact, i was @ the first indoor match there...but i have a buddy that has had some bad dealing with them building a AR by mail order with them, so i'm in NO hurry to do besness with them...I have to find out where getsoguns is located.... :cheers: