Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ramshot Competition Wins Over N320 Again

spencerhut

30 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

What happened to Ramshot Competition?    Off the market?  Out of favor?

New name?

I couldn't get my standard deviation with RS Comp under 20, no matter what I tried.

I burn through it for practice ammo only, now.

I tried RS Comp and had really high SD. Like 30. 

Powder (Prima V) I'm using now gets about 8-11 SD.  Depending on bullet and powder charge. I've tested several different loads multiple times. Never had a SD over 11. N320 was good too but I like Prima V better.   Liked N320 better than RS Comp. 

Gonna use the last jugs for practice ammo. 

Edited by B_RAD

I'm getting rid of my last 6 lbs of n320 this weekend.  I've tried different bullets, charges, oal's and it never worked out for me.  It is clean for sure, accuracy was so so, and its expensive.  My sd's and es were all over the place.  Wsf and tg were more accurate, a hell of a lot cheaper, and my spreads and deviations were way better.  This was in a g34.

n320 felt no softer. it did not burn cleaner. and my gun still got super hot. and with its low mass and shape it metered poorly for me in my 1050. i tried it in a 40 major load and a 9 minor load. i sold an open  4# jug i'd only loaded 500 rounds from it, for a hundred bucks just to get rid of it. I have another two new, unopened, 4# jugs of under my bench that will be there till i die I bet.