Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brazos Custom Gunworks

benos

I have gotten a few questions on pre-orders for magazines:

We will have quite a few magazines at Nationals but don't have any idea how many we will sell. We are taking pre-orders now for delivery on Sept. 14th. One special we will be running for Nationals is a package of 4 tuned 140mm magazines with the max capacity package tuning package - (tuned tubes, numbered 1 thru 4, polished and checked against the USPSA magazine gauge) for $400. These will be STI tubes, Grams follower/spring, and Grams pads. Regular retail for this package is $548.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CA is the kind of place one would expect to prosecute technical violations just to nail a gun owner, so caution is the order of the day.

Negative. CA-DOJ has made it abundently clear that they will not be seeking prosecution on something that they cannot prove, especially when it comes to firearms. Magazines, being VERY high on that list. The advantage of being in a litigious state is that the state officials/departments are aware of the repercussions of false, invalid or incomplete prosecutions.

If someone has a frame (that can be bought via private party transfer only) then you can ship it to Bob and Bob will then build the gun. As the frame has already been DROS'ed to CA-DOJ, upon completion of the gun, Bob can simply ship the completed firearm to the owner.

This would similarly follow say for any firearm, not on the list, but acquired via private party transfer through an FFL.

However, if you don't have a frame, or can't get one, you cannot have Bob build you a complete gun and ship it into the state. Too, on an Open gun, the compensator must be permanently attached.

An option to consider would be to buy an SVI wide body pistol and have it sent to Bob for an Open upper to be built, AFTER you take posession of it in California.

Hope that helps.

Rich

$160 - STI tuned tube, Grams spring/follower, Grams pad.

We will have a limited number of the special 4 packs of tuned 140s for $400 once they are gone they are gone. The other tuned magazines/tubes will not be numbered.

Please pre-order if at all possible, we are going to try to keep everyone happy.

Just wanted to post a thank you to Bob. Just got through shooting the ITRC match here in Wyoming. The shoothouse required 300+ rounds, that we burned through in 12 minutes. The gun (Brazos Pro Limited) got so hot that the front portion of the fiber optic burned away, the remainder warped and melted. The frame got hot to the point I have a blister on my trigger finger where it would occasionally contact the frame. All of this on a dusty range.

No matter how you cut it, this was a torture test far beyond what the average IPSC gun will see, and it ran perfectly. I could have chosen other STIs, 1911s, a Glock, etc, but the pistol I have the most confidence in is the Brazos. Thanks.

John, was that the Custom Limited for the SC Limited??? :huh:

I'm still waiting for my SC to show up and then I still have until May of next year for the Custom Limited and ProSX shorty. It's going to be a long winter :( I could always load a couple million rounds to take my mind off of it :D

Too, on an Open gun, the compensator must be permanently attached.

[thread drift]

I spoke with Dave Witt (I'm assuming that's how he spells his last name) from the CA DOJ Firearms Division today and asked him two questions, one about changing high capacity magazine calibers and the other about how compensators must be attached to pistols.

Regarding mags, it is perfectly legal to change the caliber of high capacity magazines... no issue. If you've already got some .40 mags and you want to shoot open, you can convert them through the use of new tubes, etc.

Regarding compensators, the important language is "A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer." My question was about the legality of using a threaded barrel with a compensator attached and without the compensator permanently attached. I was told that as long as the device didn't minimize muzzle flash (aka wasn't a flash suppressor... I told him in most instances it actually made it worse, as witnessed by some of the videos and pics we've had posted in the Gallery lately), that it was legal. I guess that because the threading is otherwise occupied it's not considered "capable of accepting" a banned item.

[/thread drift]

So if you've got the hankering for an Open gun and can get your hands on a frame, Bob isn't out of the question due to a cone or threaded bull barrel.

Now back to your originally scheduled programming.

We will be at Nationals set up as a vendor, with plenty of magazines. We are doing a promotion this year we are giving away a slide to frame fit:

CM8044.jpg

You get a raffle ticket for every $25 you spend at our table, including deposits on guns. We will draw for the prize after the shootoffs. You need not be present to win.

Thats really cool. I am not going to the nats. but that is still very cool.

And just to let you know Bob my gun is running great. No problems and I am very happy with it.

I shot the Mid-Atlantic, finish 19th at 67.36%. Had a brain fart on one stage. Was suppost to fire 6 rounds strong hand only, well I used both hands. Yep 6 proc. just as fast as I pulled the triger.

Thanks again Bob for everthing

Mat Harrison Lim. B :D:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Bob - hope everything went well at Nationals last week!

Quick question, what's the difference in serial numbers on your custom guns? I see some start with SAS and others start with CM - any difference or what does this reference?

Thanks,

Duane

• 2 weeks later...

It won't work with 80 series parts so hopefully you don't have those in the gun. The extractor is tuned to the midrange of tolerances and will usually work right out of the package. Check the tension and adjust if needed. Also check to make sure the firing pin stop slide in the notch easily (the front to back dimension of the firing pin stop is sometimes oversize). If so take some material off the back of the slot on the extractor.

I set them up like that for a couple of reasons. If the slide locks back and you insert a magazine forcefully(which is going to happen under match conditions) you can actually over insert the magazine. Normally with the slide closed, the slide provides a stop for the magazine. With the slide open there is nothing to stop the magazine from getting stuck. The top of the magazine is shaped like a wedge and sticks in the gun and won't let the slide close. It causes the jam from hell. Also I build the guns with extended ejectors that actually hang over the magazine well. An over inserted magazine will sometimes hit the ejector with enough force to break it. If you are going to use the gun for Limited 10 I can provide you with another slide stop which will lock the slide back. The magazines will also have to be tuned for lockback.