Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brazos Custom Gunworks

benos

Sixgun,

I will check the shopping cart, but in the meantime feel free to call and order: 254-622-2245

Newbie,

The 4.5 gun is lighter and shorter. It handles more like a limited gun. It shoots a little flatter because to make major with the shorter barrel you use more powder and it works the comp better.

There is a good article about the principal here

Some people like the 5.0 gun because they want more weight to dampen the recoil implulse and they don't mind the extra swing weight. Also the 5.0 is $400 cheaper.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your like me time is important. A few weeks ago I decided to build an open gun. I posted a message on the forums that I needed a STI short block kit, Bob messaged me and told me to call him. I called him on a holiday (July 4, a sunday) and he was in the shop working. We went through what I wanted and it was in my hands by the next wednesday, he even cut serrations in the slide and fit the barrel for no extra charge. I had the full gun finished 2 weeks later. Point is Bob will get you what you want as fast as he can.

Well, I've ordered my Pro Sx! This is going to be a serious exercise in delayed gratification. :wacko: Bob and his wife Ingi very plesant to speak with. Bob was super nice in helping me lay out the plans and walk me through the process. He was very patient and not pushy at all. He just answered my questions and gave me recomendations (which I pretty much followed to a T).

Now I need to find a decent used open gun to play with in the mean time. Also gotta get a Dillon press and learn how to load brass (the most intimidating thing in IPSC).

Know what your saying Ducman, both Bob and Ingi are awesome people to deal with. I will be getting my SC Limited in the middle of this month and have my custom Limited and Pro Sx on order with a delivery date of May next year. The wait is killing me :wacko: . I'm surprised both Bob and Ingi still talk to me :D I must have sent a thousand mails asking all kinds of questions and every single one has been answered.

Hallo Mr. Londrigan,

I´ve recently purchased your tuned extractor (.38/9mm/.40) through speedshooter.com - I want to use it on my STI Edge in .40 S&W. But during installation a problem occured. It seams as if there is not enough clearance between the hook and the breach face so that the new round is not able to go under the extractor. What can I do to fix this problem? Maybe filling a bit of the hook????

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Marijan

Mr. Londrigan, I just want to let you know that everything runs fine now after taking some material off the back of the notch. Thank you very much for your service. Much appreciated.

Best regards,

Marijan

We don't have an export license (not enough demand yet). Rene at Speed Shooter's and Frank Garcia usually handle our exports. You might try them.

We do have a few guns out and about in Germany, Netherlands Antilles, Bolivia, Ecuador, Norway, Brazil, and Argentina. Working on others.

• 2 weeks later...

CA requires a gun sold be on their list which involves lab testing, forefeiture of a sample gun to the crown, and a $200 per gun per model annual listing fee. Your best bet is to buy a gun "on the list" as the basis for your project, and then have it built Hopefully, gunsmiths will understand why you need to supply the gun rather than purchase it from them.

Also, the CA mag granfathering only covers > 10 round mags *personally owned" prior to the CA ban, and implies a higher standard of proof of such status than the federal law (which has as exmplict pre-ba unless marked or proven otherwise assumption in the law). CA is the kind of place one would expect to prosecute technical violations just to nail a gun owner, so caution is the order of the day.

We will be set up at the Nationals as a vendor. We will be set up Sunday before the match if you need anything, come see us.

p.s. We will have normal (high) capacity mags available for sale on Tuesday the 14th at the match. Come celebrate the sunset with us.