Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Custom Gunsmithing

outerlimits

Found this old receipt. my first custom gun, a colt government model in 45 acp. had j michael plaxco build it for me. a full house gun for about a grand, and that included the gun!

That was about right, for the time. Had it been checkered, it would have added about $100.00.

Was watching a shooting show a couple years ago, about the Team Challenge. Doug Koenig, Jerry Miculek and some white haired guy were being interviewed. Had no idea who the third person was, as we came into the middle of the interview, until he opened his mouth. My wife and I both said at the same time....It's PLAXCO! :roflol:

That was about right, for the time. Had it been checkered, it would have added about $100.00.

Was watching a shooting show a couple years ago, about the Team Challenge. Doug Koenig, Jerry Miculek and some white haired guy were being interviewed. Had no idea who the third person was, as we came into the middle of the interview, until he opened his mouth. My wife and I both said at the same time....It's PLAXCO! :roflol:

I saw Mike at the SHOT show last month in Las Vegas. He's living in Dallas and working for Smith & Wesson--he's gotten old, gray and thicker glasses like the rest of us---he apparantly hasn't gotten thicker waisted like some of us, however!!

Here's a pic of he and his family at the 1980 IPSC Nationals--actually the little kid in the white shirt is my son (now 33)

OldPics181.jpg

The boy on the left is Mike's son---IIRC I think that Mike said that he's got a doctorate in something.

Here's Mike in the shootoff at the same match with Ross Seyfried

OldPics267.jpg