Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kimber Classic II

kitestir

I have a chance to pick up a Kimber Classic II for just over 5 bills. It is in excellent condition. Is there any reason to not build up a SS or L10 gun with it? For the price I was thinking of building it up to exactly what I want.

I have a chance to pick up a Kimber Classic II for just over 5 bills. It is in excellent condition. Is there any reason to not build up a SS or L10 gun with it? For the price I was thinking of building it up to exactly what I want.

I don't see any reason not to get it. I have owned bunches of Kimbers and they have all been reliable. My current SS gun in .45 is a Kimber that I picked up for similar money. The only things that I have done to it is to take some metal off of the inside of the mag release, so that the mags fall freely when pressing too hard, and add a magwell.

Thats a good price and that gun is a good place to start. I use a Custom Target for single stack. I put a Dawson fiber optic front, ICE magwell and threw a Ed Brown big mag button mag release. It runs great. THere is tons of posts here about adding stuff to your SS. Enjoy the gun and have fun.

Never seen a classic 2. The Classic is usually a series 1 gun from what I have seen. the II has the FP safety. Both can be good for single stack but the II has some extra parts in it for the FP safety which can removed as long as you do not shoot IDPA

I have a first generation Classic that I bought for $535 lightly used several years ago. I put a magwell on it and changed the spring weights to match the gun I normally shoot. I keep it in the truck and carry it to matches as a backup but have not had to use it in a match yet. If I ran across another one for $500, I would probally pick it up.

Hurley

I've been shooting a late '90s Kimber Classic Custom Royal (Series I) for the last few months in single stack, and I love it. If it's in good condition, why not? Buy it, shoot it, mod it, and if you don't like it, sell it :-)