Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP-01 Tactical for ESP?

nb forrest

43 ounces is the weight limit in ESP.

true..but because of the full length dustcover and rail, it would need to make SSP weight and division requirements to be legal for ESP division... doesn't it? :D

43 ounces is the weight limit in ESP.

true..but because of the full length dustcover and rail, it would need to make SSP weight and division requirements to be legal for ESP division... doesn't it? :D

I'm lost on that one...??

In the rule book, full length dustcovers are not permitted in ESP, UNLESS the gun passes all requirements for a SSP gun. So, a STI Edge is illegal for ESP, because it cant be shot in SSP. A SP-01 is Legal in ESP, as long as it makes weight and no other modifications disqualify it from the SSP rules. Weight is most commonly the issue with the SP-01/Shadows being legal in ESP/SSP.

Clear as mud ?

Edited by DWFAN

Is it a 2 or 3 rail dustcover? Seems that the 2 rails were a little lighter for some reason. You can also put an aluminum mag break, Marschall grips and a flush ms plug to reduce weight. 10 rd mags will help a little also.

DaG

According to the CZ website it weighs 2.6 pounds which is roughly 42 ounces. I don't know about the rail, I have not bought the gun yet. A local gun shop has them and I fell in love with it but I don't want to buy it if I can't use it for IDPA. It looks like I will have to stick with the Glocks.

With just switching out grips to really lightweight grips, I've had an SP-01 Tactical make the 39 oz. weight limit using the 19 round magazines. If you have the 10 round magazines to use you should be able to make weight with it in SSP division. The SP-01 Tactical I had was a 3-slot rail model. Very accurate gun, wish I still had it.

• 2 weeks later...

Marschal light weight grips, 10 round mags, replacing the stock recoil spring, and the flush 75b spring plug should get an SP-01 under 39oz. I am running original 19round mags in an '06 3 slot gun, and make weight with those things done. The 10 rnd makes are a good bit lighter than the 19 rnd mags. As the previous poster said, you could go for a Phantom, but I would go with a 75SA or 85 Combat if shooting just ESP.

My CZ factory tour with Martin Kamenicek, CZUB team open shooter....