Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

furthest pistol shot you've attempted and made

cletus9mm

paper plate at 200 yds with my old comped .45 put up by Ed Jimenea...was at the rifle club and an old geezer bet me $50 that I could not hit it 5 of 7 even if he gave me a mag to get the distance...after I did it and he paid me, he told me if he had not seen it with his own eyes he would not have believed it possible...told him he could see it again for another $50... :rolleyes:

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My best was 5 of 5 with a Taurus .38 spur-less revolver using factory ammo. The target was a steel IPSC target at 330 yards. The caveat to this was it took about 15 - 20 rounds to get dialed in.

:surprise:

the weather is gonna be crap up here for the next few months but i vow to make some video of long distance shots once the weather turns. you guys shooting the "carry" weapons and shooting at these distances are nuts!

My best was 5 of 5 with a Taurus .38 spur-less revolver using factory ammo. The target was a steel IPSC target at 330 yards. The caveat to this was it took about 15 - 20 rounds to get dialed in.

:surprise:

the weather is gonna be crap up here for the next few months but i vow to make some video of long distance shots once the weather turns. you guys shooting the "carry" weapons and shooting at these distances are nuts!

Joe, you've got a sweet new 1911 that I bet is capable of some pretty freaky long distance work. ;)

A friend and I shoot a 12" steel plate at 100 yards when we get the chance. Best I've done is 14 out of 18 hits with a Gen4 Glock 17 the day I got it.

I regularly shoot paper at 200 meters with a Super Redhawk in 44mag but it's scoped so I don't think that counts as much.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a 36" steel gong at 225yds a range that I belong to. I regularly shoot it freestyle with my 1911s. It is not that hard to hit, if my ammo was loaded more consistantly it would probaly be easier (exact powder charges and same headstamp cases should make a difference).

Hurley

At my first IPSC type event ever it was in copper landing they had 2 pepper poppers at 125 yds I was shooting a 45 and never trying shooting a 45 at that distance before I went prone hit them with 2 shots my brother was directly behind me he said both shots skipped into the targets. Hey luck counts

275 yards. 6/10 on a 2'x3' steel gong. Iron sights on my Tanfoglio Limited .40 Sights set 6'oclock low for dead center clock POI at 50 yards. I had to put the red dot on the top of the gong, and pull the trigger. Funny thing, just a little heeling or anticipation sends the shot 4' off the mark. :unsure:

Edited by Got Juice?

One thing a bunch of us do at the end of some practices is set up a self-resetting mini popper the end of a 100 yard range. Everyone lines at 20 yards or so and takes a single shot. Those that miss leave the line, and everyone moves back another 20 yards or so, and we repeat until we get to 100 yards. We usually start with a dozen or so people and end up with 1 or 2 shooting from the 100 yard line.

A few years back, my friend and I were at a range and I was shooting a open sight M1a at 300 yards. We had set up a 6" round steel plate. I was trying to figure out a sight adjustment. He got his 4" 686 .357 with a 2 power scope. Hit the plate on his second shot, before I could figure out a sight setting to hit it. Pissed me off. Lucky SOB.

1 coca cola and 1 fanta (22ounces) with 2 shot at 90 yds.

Wilson CQB 204grs rn bullet 5.2 grs vihtavuory N320. As the bullet travels I have had time to think....I wrong it

I wrong. Maybe just lucky? Must try again.

This thread has gotten my interests peaked in pushing the distance limits of shooting my normal USPSA Limited Major setup at longer distances. This past weekend I was able to pick off two 6 inch steel plates at 125 Yards with my EAA Witness Limited using my normal .40 180gr FMJ major PF match rounds. This was the furthest I have shot a pistol ever and it was cool to be able to shoot the 6 inch plates from so far away. Maybe next time I will give it a try from 150 yards.

• 2 weeks later...

By Elmer kieths standards mine is not a very long shot

150yds at a 10" plate with a 9mm M&P first round hit. Have not been able to do it scince, so it was a lucky shot. I can hit it about 10 out of 17 times though.

We regularly shoot 6" steel plates at 200 METERS in the Masters. Most use a front grip version of the Remington XP-100 in 7mm BR. I also shot a blackbird in the head, called shot, at about 50 yds with my open sighted model 41, 5.5" barreled pistol.

• 2 weeks later...

thats too funny. thats the exact comment i made after he made the shot. the hold over was really really high. we were both picking spots out on a tree that was just behind the targets for hold over. im really itching for spring so i can make some video to post on here.