Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

furthest pistol shot you've attempted and made

cletus9mm

180 yards the other day on a full sized silhouette. Between my 120 pf loads and a 25 mph full value wind it took six shots before I realized just how low and way the hell to the right they where hitting. After that it wasn't extremely difficult while bracing on a tree.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used to play at shooting Metallic Silhouette years ago. The range was limited to 200 meters, but I think the rams were downsized for the distance. Head shots were easy. But it's a very specialized gun; a 14" Encore in .308 with a scope fired from the Creedmore position. Very accurate gun and very stable shooting position.

200 yards with a 9mm at a stop sign. Up to you to decide if I was at a range or not.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm........I am not very good at connecting the dots or deductive reasoning (not really) :rolleyes: .

But just saying, it could not have been at a range since it is illegal to remove public safety signs and it could not have been at a street corner as it is illegal to deface public property. So, it must have been playing a video game and or a paper stop sign replica. :roflol:

• 3 weeks later...

100 yards with a glock 19 on a 10 inch target. I was able to get it pretty handily once I dialed in the hold over. Would love to try something farther with a 1911 platform.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm probably 50/50 for first shot at an 8" plate at 100 yards when I try it with my 1911 .45

My 7.5" Ruger Vaquero .45 Colt took a mule deer with one shot to the boiler room at 105 yards using 225-gr Winchester SilverTip.

100 Yards XD-40 Tactical. 5 shots at a 12"x12" rifle target, 3 on paper, 1 on backer, 1 mike. Very rarely have the opportunity for that, but 25 yards with a Glock 19 I can make good hits on a 6" circle 80+%. Start struggling with a 4"