Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trojan 9mm ejector loose

Victor_R

I haven't shot mine in a while but mine was pretty darn loose too! I used some locktite to secure it. However I will say this- the newer 10 rounds\ Wilson Combat feed lips was hitting the ejector on mine. I removed some material from the mags to eliminate the interference.I removed some material from the bottom of the ejector as well.

Edited by lugnut

Hard to believe that mags hitting the bottom of your ejector would cause it to loosen. If it was pinned correctly to begin with the mags should eventually break the nose. Slim chance that the cross pin has been sheared but most likely the indent was filed wrong. Try punching the cross pin out and see where the fitting indent is located on the front leg of the ejector. If the pin has been sheared you can replace it with a 1/16" roll pin.

Pat

When I got my .40 Trojan, the ejector was pretty loose as well. When I had the Schuemann barrel put in it, Derek also fit an oversize EGW ejector so it's nice and tight now. I ran several thousand rounds through it prior to the switch, and it always ejected 100%, so I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you're seeing erratic ejection (like some forward, some straight up, etc). R,

Everyone here has broken the ejector on a 9mm Trojan using Wilson Mags, Remove the slide and check the clearance between the ejector and the top of the mag. If it hits remove metal from the ejector till there's clearance. If it breaks replace it with an 38/40 ejector. STI will send it to you but it will need fitting as the mag will hit it the base of the ejector.