Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do you adjust a C more

Alaskapopo

I still have not got my dies from Dillon for my new 38 super comp. Anyway it being a used pistol I did not get manuals for anything including the sight. The seller mentioned set screws that need to be loosened before you make the windage and elevation adjustments. Anyone have a pictorial lesson on what scews need to be loosened and how to adjust a Cmore. I don't want to break anything.

Pat

Beyond the Manual

Note that open guns are just a little different. Any time you change your load (powder, primer, bullet, etc) you need to verify your Zero. Changing from N350 to TruBlue at @ the same FPS moved my Zero 4" up and 2" left. I normally Zero in at about 25 yards from a rest. This I think gives a true left/right, and then I may adjust the up/down slightly at a shorter range like 15 yards where most of the shots take place.

I also makes good sense to periodally verify Zero as well as crono, I do this at least once each quarter.

Do not over tighten the locking screws after you make the adjustment....you can crack the plastic case.

I found my adjustment wandering - finally realized it was

some screws on my GRIP had loosened.

Check all your screws once in a while, including the two on the

sight and the five that hold the mount on.

+1 to what sigle stack said, its not even close to being like a rifle scope in adjustment...when you putthe screwdriver to it, dont move it from saythe 12 o clock position to saythe 3 o clock position because morethan likely you will have moved it at least 8 inches in a direction you didnt want to go, for me if i needto make a small adjestment, i feel the screwdriver 'give' and stop, chances are it moved just enuff

Caution!

The adjustment is VERY coarse!

I usually put the screw driver in the adjustment screw and THINK up when trying to make fine adjustments

That's funny and true. when I first adjusted mine, I adjusted it off the target!!

One trick about the Cmore is that it uses a live plastic hinge as the locating feature of the lens. Although there are separate screws for elevation and windage it does not mean that an adjustment to one will not effect the other, as they are translated through the same singular hinge to the lens. You will often need to re-adjust one or the other in a loop to gets things finalized.

Hey Pat I have my first C-more on the way we will have to get together and get this baby's sighted in Mark,

I almost had my gun sighted in. I found you have to make small adjustments and see where it hits. Like those on here said the adjustments are coarse.

From the Cmore manual:

ADJUSTMENT NOTES:

1) The windage and elevation adjustment screws both have locking screws which must be loosened before the sight can be adjusted. Failure to do so could result in damage to the sight.

2) The adjustment screws are extremely sensitive, especially the elevation screw. You will only need to turn them slightly to change your point of impact.

3) The adjustment screws are tight to turn. This is normal. Make sure to use a screwdriver that fits the slot correctly and make sure the locking screws are loose before attempting to make adjustments.

4) Elevation: Clockwise moves point of impact up.

5) Windage: Clockwise moves point of impact right.

6) Remember to loosen the locking screws before making an adjustment and lock the locking screws after each adjustment.

7) When making final adjustments, tune the elevation first and lock it down, then repeat for the windage.

ZEROING PROCEDURE:

1) Turn the sight on and adjust the brightness to suit the lighting condition.

2) Shoot a 3 shot group at a target 10 yards away to get on paper.

3) Loosen the locking screws and adjust the windage and elevation so your group is centered and 2 to 3 inches low.

4) Since the sight can only be zeroed for one distance, zero for the farthest distance you will shoot with this firearm.

5) Shoot a 3 shot group at the final distance you determined in step 4.

6) Adjust the windage and elevation until zero is achieved.

Yep kinda went by direction sighted in at 30yds for now Im still working on a load I was using 115 winchesters with autocomp where doing pretty good didn't put it on paper from a rest but was hitting empty shotgun shells at 30.Hadn't used it much yet but I like the C-MORE..

• 6 years later...