Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Homemade 3 gun carts

caz41

So I kinda feel guilty about stealing juniors radio flyer for every match and using it as a cart, so I am going to make myself a dedicated 3 gun cart. The plan is to find a used jogging stroller and convert it over. That also seems to be the consensus around here. I have a few ideas in my head from what I have seen at some matches, but a few more visual ideas can't hurt.

Please post a picture of your jogging stroller/ 3 gun cart conversion thing-a-ma-bobber.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll get some pics, but make sure the stroller is as wide as the bag you want to use. When I found a jogging stroller for $20 I was so giddy that I didn't think of that.... <_<

I used ATV Gun racks from Walmart. All in all, I have about $60 into it.

I use it for Area matches too so I can bring a small cooler.

caz41,

Confiscated my wife's double jogging stroller after the girls out grew it. Now I have room for my guns/gear plus room for a friend to throw in too! :D

One side is double ATV rack the other is a single rack with both grips near the handle and poly surf fishing rod holders to slide muzzles in from Academy Sporting Goods. (They are zip tied to the frame.) And that's how we roll! ;)

Works like a champ!

Cheers,

Kyle

post-21212-000551300 1288239143_thumb.jp

Edited by DocMcG

That was one of the concepts that I was contemplating with using something to put the muzzle in rather than having the atv clamp on the bottom. I was thinking about using PVC or something like that.

Kepp it retrograde looking at least to a baby stroller, I noticed flying to vegas lst years, guys with handtruck based carts were being charged to check them, guys with strollers were pushing them all the way to the door of the aircraft, and getting them checked gratis. Nobody noticed or cared they didnt have a baby, coirse this was over a year ago airlines may have caught on.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually ride with friends so room is typically tight.... I use a light weight hand truck with fold up wheels/platform (lies relatively flat).... a real milk crate with a PVC pipe section fits thru the grating to hold the long gun butts flat to the rear of crate, and is bungee corded to the cart..... a secton of 1/2 inch PVC with "J" horns holds muzzles, and is held in position with 1/4inch U bolts/wingnuts.....muzzles are held in place for movement with bungee...room in front of crate for ammo/ couple bottles of GatorAde....a section of the crate lip is sawed out, and my equipment box (toolbox)is snugly held.... place for old fart to sit if needed...a canvas bag is looped over the handle to work out of...Coleman camp chair if you don't have to paste/set steel...the separated crate is easy to pre load with ammo/drinks and stacks well in vehicle...

Unfortunately I haven't taken any pics of it, but I used an old stroller frame. It's a "Snap n Go" frame which is designed for infant car seats to strap into. The advantage is that it folds down really flat and compact. The disadvantage is that it doesn't have nice large diameter wheels like the jogging strollers, though I'd say they are medium sized wheels. The jogging strollers don't fold up as small. I usually drive a sedan so compactness was more important to me (plus the terrain around here is manageable).

The frame looks like this, and I clamped ATV gun holders to it. The basket is very roomy, and no actual kid's seat to get in the way.

51T06HGW3EL.jpg

Edited by esskay

• 1 month later...

I like the cup holders on that baby jogger! That's the best use for a crappy baby jogger that I've ever seen.

My wife is training for a marathon and runs with our 7 month old in a Chariot jogger. She'd kill me if I converted it over to a 3-gun cart. That thing will sell for almost as much as it was new (over $600).

Has anyone ever converted a golf bag wheel thingy to a 3 gun cart? Seems you could strip out the bag and just dump the rifle and shotgun in there like you would in a barrel on a stage.

caz41,

Confiscated my wife's double jogging stroller after the girls out grew it. Now I have room for my guns/gear plus room for a friend to throw in too! :D

One side is double ATV rack the other is a single rack with both grips near the handle and poly surf fishing rod holders to slide muzzles in from Academy Sporting Goods. (They are zip tied to the frame.) And that's how we roll! ;)

Works like a champ!

Cheers,

Kyle

I too, run a twin baby jogger. Picked it up from Goodwill for $14. Add gun racks and good to go. :cheers:

Here is my adaptation of the jogging stroller. The big difference here is that my wife and I also shoot Cowboy Action and the ranges insist on muzzle up carry.

4533616032_e0db555a57.jpg

015_web by Modoc13826, on Flickr

From the Side

4533615658_92d88a05e6.jpg

014 by Modoc13826, on Flickr

From the front.

You can see that I tried to make it Multi use. One small issue is that a Picitiny rail will eat at the wood backing. It also works well for Sporting Clays, High Power and Silhouette.

That video was one of the best videos I have seen on YouTube in a while, if not ever. I laughed at, I mean with, and applauded you at the same time. ;) That IS the ultimate three gun cart!

Digression aside, I utilize my kids' double, jogging stroller for my three gun hauler. I utilize a set of double ATV racks attached to the center divider/frame of the stroller. I am a hoarder and always prepared, so I usually use every cubic inch of space of the double stroller. Not sure how others get by with just the single seater. ;)

I was pulling one of those wagons with a rugged gear double gun rack in bolted in itI had s stroller but the wagon holds more shitstuff. The wagons require a pickup or at least a crossover to haul around. For pistol matches me and 3 buddies can shoot outta that thing.

Edited by jtischauser