Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Homemade 3 gun carts

caz41

I have only shot a few 3 Gun matches but after reading this thread I decided that it was time to go ahead a build my own.

I started with a used in step jogging stroller for $20. Painted it matte black and added some ATV gun racks. It looked good but I felt something was missing...but what?

I decided I would go ahead and give it a theme. With all the zombie crazed people out there I figure what is more zombie defense than a child's stroller holding semiautomatic weapons! I went and got some "zombie green" paint and let my artistic side take over.

I might have to take my nephew trick or treating in this!

You are doing it wrong. You have a silenced weapon on one side and a REALLY LOUD COMP on the other!

Looks good.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my version. Using a welding cart from Harbor Freight with an extended bottom shelf (1/4 in ply) and ATV gun racks. Not an original idea...found in on the interwebs. Carries equipment for two shooters.

My link

My link

My link

I went in this direction also when I found the HF welding cart on sale. Working on a setup using wing nuts for the handle and breaking the cart down for easier transport.

Jim

• 1 month later...

made this set up for a wagon comes right off after match

1246518518_L3TJc-L.jpg

I was looking at putting something like this together that can be taken on and off easily that would go on a folding cart that folds flat and not as robust as what is in this picture. Did you make that frame or recycle it?

I've also wondered if there is anything in the golfing stores that might work as well.

• 3 weeks later...

gunbuggy_zps521e91bb.jpg

My version started as a Jeep jogging stroller. I removed the fabric, added some expanded metal and a cargo net. A set of cheap gun holders on the right side hold the shotgun and some busted magazine bodies welded to the left side hold either an AR-15 or an LR-308.

A set of cheap gun holders on the right side hold the shotgun and some busted magazine bodies welded to the left side hold either an AR-15 or an LR-308.

Using some old mag bodies to hold the AR is a very clever idea. Does it ever need an additional support near the muzzle when on uneven ground?

Bill

Using some old mag bodies to hold the AR is a very clever idea. Does it ever need an additional support near the muzzle when on uneven ground?

Bill

I haven't had a problem with the rifles coming off of the magazines but then again, when was the last time you had a mag drop without pushing the button first?

• 4 weeks later...

I built this out of my kids pull behind Schwinn, the only thing I added was a little more aluminum tubing on the back and used electrical outlets with some foam for the barrel mounts. It works great and will hold a ton of stuff. If it rains I can get everything inside. There is enough room inside for a small cooler, all the ammo you would ever need and a small battery to recharge my cell phone. Picked it up at the flea market for 40 bucks,

post-46795-0-36035200-1363645820_thumb.j

Edited by DaveG

• 5 months later...

Just finished up mine last night. I planned on just washing the fabric and throwing some ATV mounts on it. Well, the fabric fell apart in the washer, so I made a tray on the bottom and one on the top. Not bad considering I have only about $50 total into it.

null-63.jpg

Edited by Adamski

Just finished up mine last night. I planned on just washing the fabric and throwing some ATV mounts on it. Well, the fabric fell apart in the washer, so I made a tray on the bottom and one on the top. Not bad considering I have only about $50 total into it.

null-63.jpg

I like that top tray. What material is it made from and did you form it yourself? Also does it have some supporting brackets underneath for strength?

Thanks

Both trays are made out of wood and painted. It's held up by the wire frame that was used for the canopy part. I took it out and bent it the the shape I wanted. I've put 20 pounds on it with no issue.

It folds down so the tray can fold down for transportation.

null-64.jpg

null-65.jpg

Both trays are made out of wood and painted. It's held up by the wire frame that was used for the canopy part. I took it out and bent it the the shape I wanted. I've put 20 pounds on it with no issue.

It folds down so the tray can fold down for transportation.

null-64.jpg

null-65.jpg

Very nice. Thanks for the info.

Both of these started out the same,, one is for my four year old daughter the other one is mine...

Still a work in progress, the shotshell rack was added after the first picture was taken..

Harbor Frieght Wagon 49.99

Coleman ATV gun Grips 39.99

Paint, Aluminum and Rivets 20.00

post-49410-0-95862000-1377442414_thumb.j

post-49410-0-34630100-1377442890_thumb.j

Here's mine I just finished in time for last weekends matches. Front box holds ice chest (It gets real hot in Cali in the summer time) and the fold up table for reloading. Need to do a couple of minor tweaks to get it exactly the way I need it.

Paid $30 for the Jogging Stroller, and $40 +- for the parts.

post-48359-0-15937400-1377556036_thumb.j

Saw several of those being used in central KS.. Anly draw back anyone mentioned was the narrow tire width... Makes it a little challenging on the sandy ranges...

Couple of guys had built some wooden inserts that went in each ean of the wagon with a range bag in the middle.. most held at least 4 long guns in the standing position..