Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

INCREDIBLE deal on corn cob media

MoNsTeR

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link, I just ordered some - I was planning on going down the street to get a quarter as much for the same price. Glad I checked BENOS. :cheers:

Edited by DyNo!

I'm placing an order for some right now. I just got the Lyman 1200 Turbo tumbler and it's working great with the Lyman treated corn cob material but at $15 for 6lbs it's not even close to the deal you get here. 40 POUNDS for $21 with free shipping!! :goof:

Yeah, Drillspot is the way to go. I ordered mine last year during the free shipping special. It was drop shipped from Grainger!:roflol:

Be advised that the free shipping is not always available. If you want some order it now.

It comes bagged then boxed directly from Grainger supply (actually cheaper through Drillspot! I ordered it twice, the last time it came in 2 days from the time I ordered from Drillspot. It's good stuff.

You can order the RCBS powdered polish from Cabelas too ($6 for 3-4 sachlets)add to it and it's the same as the treated Lyman stuff.

Edited by Boxerglocker

Big paper bag in a cardboard box. I bought a $5 plastic tub at Walmart to keep it in since my cats would have torn up the bag.

I've cleaned a few batches with it and it's definitely the exact same stuff that I had been buying at gun shows for 4x the price.

Pretty good prices on other media as well like Alu-Oxide for prepping metal for refinishing. No walnut media though. I still ordered my 40 lbs worth.

For walnut I go to the local sandblasting supply store. It's around $20 for 40 lbs as well.

Pretty good prices on other media as well like Alu-Oxide for prepping metal for refinishing. No walnut media though. I still ordered my 40 lbs worth.

Best to use the walnut first, and then finish with corn cob?

Or, can you skip the walnut?

Jack

Several opinions out there. I use walnut to clean the brass. Tossing in a few strips of used dryer sheets keeps the walnut cleaner longer. Then I tumble again with corn and a shot of nufinish diluted with mineral spirits for the final polish. Typically I run it for around two hours each on a timer.

Some do one or the other. Some mix them together. Some do nothing. Some use rice. etc etc... There are alot of threads on the subject in the reloading section.

if you're ever in southwest Missouri, plan on stopping by Hammond's walnuts in Stockton, MO to get the crushed walnut shells directly from the source.

the shipping costs is what would normally kill the deal if I had it shipped from there.

http://www.drillspot.com/products/499763/econoline_526020g-40_40_lbs_blast_media

Same stuff they sell at Grainger, only they'll ship it to you for free.

Thanks for the heads up. Its a lot of media. Filled two five gallon buckets with lots of leftover. Now I need to shoot some more so I have brass to polish.

Mine was drop shipped from Grainger also.

• 10 months later...