Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Time Travel 2

tezet

Nice history.

I'm not sure I think it may have been an older one but I have a Frame that I believe was Chip's.

It looks like Bob Greider's welding and such.

Chip always seemed to have his hooks done the same, like Rob likes the trigger guard squared the same way everytime.

Cool photos THX

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. It's insane to see how shooting has evolved.

...slippp, don't confuse "change" with "evolution." JMO

Well when I was reading BEnos's book, he was talking about how the stances have evolved. At least I think he did. I haven't re-read it in a while. lol.

Wow. It's insane to see how shooting has evolved.

...slippp, don't confuse "change" with "evolution." JMO

Well when I was reading BEnos's book, he was talking about how the stances have evolved. At least I think he did. I haven't re-read it in a while. lol.

slippp, I certainly didn't mean to sound caustic or critical in my response. My point was that "evolution" connotes "improvement." There seems to be almost nothing genetically similar between today's USPSA events and what we did in the mid-70's. Today's activities are more "different" than "improved."

I feel real old now, I remember when a Hi power was the cutting edge for Mouse guns

I herd most all the put downs

"Yep, I see you have a Hi power", ....?You have a mouse problem at your house?

That 9mm is a quite little round,

Edited by AlamoShooter

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting to notice that none of those guys is shooting from a classic Weaver. Maybe it's the angle, but Chapman's stance doesn't look much like the Chapman stance that he always taught--on the other hand, it looks like Bill Rogers is using a Chapman stance (as is Tommy Campbell wielding "Supergun" in the other thread). Brian is using a more traditional locked-elbows police isosceles. Of everybody depicted, John Shaw seems to be using the stance that is closest to the modern isosceles that is in favor today.

• 1 month later...