Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who wants to race me to A class?

beltjones

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welp, if im going to win this thing, its not going to be this month. scores from the classifier match came in. LTD and L-10 are both going to be C scores. My SS is going to go up a few points, but not enough. Turned in some high B scores, so im happy that Im turning in what i should be, but im ready to kick up the training. Too many errors on tight shots hurt me. time to work on that accuracy thing.

Yep, trying to jump from 64% to 75%+ in 4 classifiers is definitely a stretch goal. Especially if one doesn't shoot 70+ regularly.

I'm hoping I shot good enough for C in L10.

Where did you get the classifier scores?

I shot another classifier this weekend. It was 99-10 "Times Two." I had a decent run and shot two C's and the rest A's. I fumbled the reload a bit and wasn't as smooth entering the 2nd box as I could have been. According to cmcalc.com my percentage should be in the neighborhood of 78% for that run, which should put me in the neighborhood of 73.5% overall when the next classification update is run. I'm inching ever closer....

Well the latest percentages are out! Let's see the current standings in this epic RACE TO A CLASS!

beltjones A69269 Production 73.11%

KZ45 A57707 Limited 68.65%

Corey A67152 Singlestack 67.63%

Chills1994 A58592 Limited 63.52%

Juan A53707 Singlestack 63.44%

TRUbor9 A66679 Open 54.82

Guy C A68036 Limited 53.11%

There you have it! It looks like the order of the standings hasn't changed, but the race is tight. Remember, if you're not practicing, dry firing, running, going to the gym, and reading Brian's book, someone else out there is! And you can bet that their classifier results will reflect their hard work!

Until next month, stay motivated, keep the fire burning, the Dylan 550 indexing, and the pages of "Refinement and Repetition" turning. Good luck!

Notes: I was going to add Round45, but I never received his USPSA member number. Round45: You're still in if you want to be, just post your info and I'll add you.

Chills1994 - I'm not sure if I got it wrong last time or not, but I thought you were doing Singlestack. However, it looks like all your recent classifiers have been in Limited, so for purposes of the "race" I changed you to Limited. Please let me know if you would like me to change back to Singlestack.

after my classifier match, i knew I wouldnt be making A in one jump, but i did move about 3.5% closer. downside is i may not be shooting many more matches this year (not many indoor opportunities in my area). im sure ill be doing a little driving this winter tho to try and get some in. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

I shot another classifier this weekend. It was 99-10 "Times Two." I had a decent run and shot two C's and the rest A's. I fumbled the reload a bit and wasn't as smooth entering the 2nd box as I could have been. According to cmcalc.com my percentage should be in the neighborhood of 78% for that run, which should put me in the neighborhood of 73.5% overall when the next classification update is run. I'm inching ever closer....

What squad were you on at Greenville?

Beltjones, add me in, A66531. i was doing Limited for a few months, once i got used to shooting i jumped to the dark side. So ill be competing in Open. classifiers are a little late on the update, i put in 5 already so im just waiting for my card.

edit: typo

Edited by Torogi

• 3 weeks later...

It's time once again to check in. Let's see the current standings in this epic RACE TO A CLASS!

beltjones A69269 Production 73.11%

KZ45 A57707 Limited 69.47%

Torogi A66531 Open 64.38%

Guy C A68036 Limited 59.62%

Chills1994 A58592 Singlestack 56.21%

TRUbor9 A66679 Open 54.82

Congrats to everyone who made progress toward A class this month! KZ45, Torogi, and Guy C all saw their percentages climb a bit, and as a result there has been a shakeup in the rankings. The race is tighter than ever,

Remember, no one gets better by just shooting matches! Keep practicing those draws, reloads, and set ups, and above all, to shoot like an A shooter, you have to have the mental game of an A shooter. So stay strong, set goals, and keep working!

haha i hope no one breaks it till next year as all the clubs are done here except for a few fun matches. next shoot will be the second sunday of january then im off to AZ to train and ill shoot there too

There are benefits to living in Texas...

I shot a 75.xx the other day. I only need one more that's higher than 73 or so and I'll be there. Luckily we shoot year round here... :devil:

I'v ben concentrating on 3 gun lately, still shooting some uspsa match's but with my three gun rig, serpa holster, STI compact, mags behind my hip to make room for the shot shell holders, if I had be running my limited rig I might be a little higher

I did get my parts in. I started tinkering around with my 1911's last night, even though I had a splitting headache.

I was attempting to put a dawson magwell/mainspring housing on the one gun that has the laser grips.

I thought everything was going along smoothly but the hammer was following the slide when I racked it.

"RUT-RO!" :blink:

so I opted to shoot limited, minor, again today, with my Beretta. it was eye of the tiger for the classifier stage. talk about a hero or zero stage.

I have another splitting headache tonight so no gunsmithing for me.

sigh....

• 4 weeks later...

It's that time again! Time to check in to see the latest in the RACE TO A CLASS!!!!!

beltjones A69269 Production 74.50%

KZ45 A57707 Limited 69.47%

spanky FY64276 Production 69.18%

Torogi A66531 Open 60.14%

Guy C A68036 Limited 59.62%

Pro2AinPA A67187 Singlestack 59.05%

Chills1994 A58592 Singlestack 56.21%

TRUbor9 L3289 Open 54.82

These results are somewhat preliminary, as it looks like there was an error with my reported classifiers and possibly other people's as well. Specifically, a Production classifier I shot was reported as L10, and from the looks of it Spanky might have suffered the same issue. We'll see what happens if/when this is ever corrected. I'll be sure to repost the scores as soon as things appear to be resolved.

In the mean time, with the addition of a few new shooters the standings have become ever closer! Keep practicing, and we'll all see each other in the A class at the next major match!

while I'm not going to be shooting many matches in the next few months (winter sucks in Indiana and there aren't many local indoor matches), I'm dryfiring and practiving like crazy. Im personally trying to get myself ready for SS Nationals and this practice is going to pay off here as well Im sure! :cheers:

while I'm not going to be shooting many matches in the next few months (winter sucks in Indiana and there aren't many local indoor matches), I'm dryfiring and practiving like crazy. Im personally trying to get myself ready for SS Nationals and this practice is going to pay off here as well Im sure! :cheers:

Same for me just 2 matches in january and 1 out in AZ in feb but thats it for me.

(edit) and my guns been out of comission... magcatch slides right into the grip

Edited by TRUbor9