Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another brass sorter

jmorris

How does it separate shells that get stuck together? I've seen .45 ACP, .40 S&W, and 9mm all trying to mate up and make a new caliber.

That would be the "operators" job. The one I built now lives at Theshooterssource and a guy is paid to run it all day. Not something I would want to do but then again I don't have to sort brass anymore or pick it up for that matter. A lot more work in the beginning but the hours are quickly gained back.

Like the automation of almost anything.

I too own an Ultimate Sorter Model 4, just over a month old now.

Sorted out 9 buckets in 1 day.

As long as the cases aren't lodged together, there is a good chance they'll be separated in the hopper or down the tray. A 9 may miss its slot & end up in the 40 but as advertised the machine is not 100% perfect. You'll have to run the larger case bins a second time for better accuracy. I really don't see this a problem as the sorter can sort 1 entire bin in less than 5 minutes..... It's really fast.

I sure don't miss the sore back, knees & hands from the old ways of the sorting trays....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Found this one on YouTube, looks pretty expensive. Price update $9,500.

Looks like it works pretty fast and loud.

The price on that one has been on a steady increase for the past two years. Had I ordered one when I first called and sold it here now I would have come out quite well...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...