Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

On my way to a match.......

carter300

Traveling to a Sat match, half way there the boss calls and a customer is brokedown. I call customer and he is 140 miles away from our shop, AAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH. Call all dealers in his area no one can help until Monday. So the customer decides to have towed to our shop. Now I wasting my time waiting, for truck to arrive.

Ah, the joys of work. Going to a friends house for Christmas dinner one year, one of my customers calls. A water pipe has broken and is flooding their equipment room. I tell them as long as it doesn't reach the electrical components, it should be alright. Five minutes later, the director of operations for the entire state (the customers' director of operations!) calls and asks if I can go down and look, PLEASE! Spent the next 9 hours vacuuming water from around equipment, trying to keep it running. It wasn't even my job to do all that, I was just the only contractor they could get in touch with.

Got a call Christmas morning one time. Burglar alarm going off at shop I was the only key holder in the country that Christmas. I was so pissed I beat the cops there, worst part, it was a false alarm.

Company cars, faster than a speeding bullet, leaps tall kerbs in a single bound, never needs oil.