Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Geico Commercial

DrawandDuck

I think that is "Gunny". Yes, very funny. I wish I could do that sometimes.

Yea, it is Gunny but Geico calls the commercial "Sarge"......don't know why though......

But a MX-24 leaves a little more of a mark than the box of tissues.. :D

Edited by DrawandDuck

I like it when he calls hin a JACK WAGON (whats a jack wagon)

Originally a “Jack Wagon” was simply a large, specialized wagon that hauled the massive manual jacks used back when logging was done mostly by hand. The trees were raised slightly by these jacks to allow cutting into more managable sizes for transport from remote forest locations. Over time, with the introduction modern mechanized equipment (e.g. large “Bobcat”-type vehicles, etc), the need for these heavy hand cranked jacks disappeared. Spotting a “Jack Wagon” at a logging site came to mean you had found a crew that was seriously behind the times and out of touch with gettin the job done.

“When WWII broke out and logging camps were cleared out by the draft, this term was applied by these former loggers / new recruits to the seriously out-dated equipment the US military entered the war with. Many units were initially fielded with WWI-era rifles and artillery. The term “jackwagon” (reduced to one word) found a quick home with these troops and spread to become a general term for anything out-dated or out-of-touch with surrounding reality.

But it wasn’t until Congress decided to make the military more “user-friendly” and “kind” in the post-Vietnam ’70s that the term spread to describing people. When cursing and swearing at recruits was banned, drill instructors (DI’s) had to find a new vocabulary to get their very loud message across. And one of the terms appropriated was “jackwagon”, meaning a recruit who was not focused on reality, the here and now or the requirements of the job at hand.

I like it when he calls hin a JACK WAGON (whats a jack wagon)

Originally a “Jack Wagon” was simply a large, specialized wagon that hauled the massive manual jacks used back when logging was done mostly by hand. The trees were raised slightly by these jacks to allow cutting into more managable sizes for transport from remote forest locations. Over time, with the introduction modern mechanized equipment (e.g. large “Bobcat”-type vehicles, etc), the need for these heavy hand cranked jacks disappeared. Spotting a “Jack Wagon” at a logging site came to mean you had found a crew that was seriously behind the times and out of touch with gettin the job done.

“When WWII broke out and logging camps were cleared out by the draft, this term was applied by these former loggers / new recruits to the seriously out-dated equipment the US military entered the war with. Many units were initially fielded with WWI-era rifles and artillery. The term “jackwagon” (reduced to one word) found a quick home with these troops and spread to become a general term for anything out-dated or out-of-touch with surrounding reality.

But it wasn’t until Congress decided to make the military more “user-friendly” and “kind” in the post-Vietnam ’70s that the term spread to describing people. When cursing and swearing at recruits was banned, drill instructors (DI’s) had to find a new vocabulary to get their very loud message across. And one of the terms appropriated was “jackwagon”, meaning a recruit who was not focused on reality, the here and now or the requirements of the job at hand.

WOW! :surprise: The well of information has spoken. That was great. :bow:

We need Gunny as a Guidance Councilor....

Guidance Counselor? I say President.

Larry Correia has R. Lee cast as an alternate universe's SECDEF in his short serial The Adventures of Tom Stranger: Interdimensional Insurance Agent.

http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2010/05/17/the-adventures-of-tom-stranger-interdimensional-insurance-agent/

I don't know what it is but the "Little Piggy" one has me cracking up everytime I see it

SOOOOO Cute!!

post-11739-017996800 1282006046_thumb.jp

Almost makes me want one for a pet :P

You have never been on a hog farm, have you. Trust me, you don't want one, except in the freezer ;)

Dave

So today I hear a recent high school grad whining (and I DO mean whining) about his lack of motivation. He was sooooo not motivated (big sigh).

I immediately thought of two things:

1. Gunny in this ad

2. My father, the Navy gunner's mate. "Motivation?! I'LL GIVE YOU MOTIVATION!"

Same kid later says that he's talked with the Marine recruiter, thinking of joining in the fall.

Excellent choice, my boy. A couple of months at Camp Lejeune will completely cure your "lack of motivation" for years to come <_<.

They need to reinstate the draft. Then these young people who want to be shown "respect" would learn what respect is and that you earn it just like everything in life that is worth having. They think we owe them respect just like we owe them a living.