Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Small powder bar

Got the Dillon info out and it shows that bar is good for a charge from 3 through a 20 grain charge. Im loading light 9mm w/ TG, & 147 gr bullets. Hodgdon states not to go over 3.6 of TG with that load. So I decreased the load by 10% and came up with 3.2 to start with. For the life of me I can not get a consistant drop of 3.2??? 3.3 grs it really likes, my scale is in calibration so I doubt its that? Has anyone one had this issue with inconsistant charges when getting to the small powder bars limit of use?

Edited by WildWest N AZ

I had the same problem, needed 3.1 and couldn't get it. I called Dillon and they told me to get the extra small powder bar.

I kinda figured that was what I might have to do? I know a tenth of grain isnt felt just like to be spot on when it comes to my powder drops

Edited by WildWest N AZ

I talked with Dillon today because in my Dillon book, and Blue press it did not give the diff from the small and extra small powder bar? 2 to 20 grain for extra small, and the standard small bar that comes with the press is 3 to 20 grains. As always dillon was a pleasure to talk with