• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Incorporated Transition Drill Part 1 in my range practice (and dry fire sessions) for a few weeks.  

Learned a few things about my shooting (still shooting for center mass and 99% of my "A" hits are in the bottom half of the "A" zone} and see lots of room for improvement.

If it matters, I'm shooting PCC.   :devil:

PM sent requesting Transition Drill Part 2.

• 5 weeks later...

Received Transition Drill Part 2 several weeks ago (thanks Brian) and incorporated it into both my dry fire and live fire drills.   

Maybe its because I'm getting old, it took some determination and repetition to actually shoot the the way Brian recommends.  I saw an early improvement in transition speeds and after a while, also saw an improvement in accuracy.  Transition speeds continue to improve.

I'm still seeing the majority of my hits on metric targets in the bottom half of the "A" zone.  Need to work on that.  I plan on adding some turtle targets into the drill.

In practice I also shoot the Blake drill and I'm seeing a nice improvement on that too.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found this training tip last week while searching for help on the forums. I shoot IDPA and USPSA and am very accurate but slow, especially on transitions. Ran 6 of these strings at the range the other day to establish a baseline. I am going to do it one more time since the first was after a local match and I was "warmed up" and want to do it cold. Then it's on to part 2. I'm hoping this will help get this 60 year old shooting faster.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PM sent.

Ran this with 3 different guns today, 6 strings each gun. All iron sights. The 22 I had 10 shots out of the A, 9mm 12 shots outside the A and the 40 I only had 5 outside the A. I did swap my fiber optic in my 9mm from red to green just before this. This was an interesting drill. I felt like I could see my sights better and I could tell when I wasn't on target. I wouldn't say I was able to call my shots because I wasn't sure exactly where they were going, I just knew they weren't going to be where I wanted. I really thought I'd do miles better with the 22 than I did. I shoot Steel Challenge with it and I shoot in the B classification times. I hardly ever missed the center target with any gun and I mostly missed the left target with the 40. 

Neos Avg: 7.01 (best clean 6.67)

P18.9 Avg 8.49 (best clean 7.43)

P16.40 Avg 8.05 (best clean 7.29) 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...