• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I followed the instructions, got part two and incorporated the drills into my dry-fire set. After a week of dry-fire, I did the live-fire exercise again this morning. While I am still slow, I have seen a 20% improvement on my times. Well worth the effort, thank you Brian.

• 2 weeks later...

Ran this in dry fire due to range limitations. So a limitation was on me calling shots to track misses, but I made do with what I have. Average mid to high 7s. Really inconsistent with snapping my vision from sight, to target, back to sight, etc.

Also during transitions sometimes I push with my arms only, leading to misalignment between my arms and shoulders, and resulting in sights being overly aligned left or right. Think I need to drive with my hips and legs more, arms less. Time for P2!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just PM'd for part 2. Here's my results from part 1 coming into the range cold. I'm thinking if I would have done the drill after warming up a bit the times would be a little better.

Transition drills

6.95 + .50 = 7.45
6.09 + .50 = 6.59
6.28 + .50 = 6.78

Overall average 7.11

• 2 weeks later...
It took me quite a while to find this old post, so I started a thread with it to make it easier to find later...

And for a live-fire drill, next time you're at the range, try the following drill.

Set up 3 IPSC targets at 10 yards, about a yard a apart, edge to edge. Only hits in the A box count. On the buzzer draw and shoot one shot at each target - left to right, then repeat left to right, then repeat again left to right - for a total of 9 shots. Check your time, add a half second for each non-A, and note your score. You don't really care about your score that much, just remember it for later. Shoot a 6 - 10 strings, to establish an average score. While you're establishing your average - you're just shooting like you normally would. Don't try any new tricks or anything at all. In the end just know your average score for the drill.

As I was typing part 2, I thought of a way to keep it real. [emoji6] There won't be a part 2 until you go to the range and do part 1. Then PM me, and I'll reply with part 2.

be

I think I'm finally going to give this a try next time I'm at the range. I recently have become quite interested...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am going to try this one today. I am new so writing down as many of these as possible to try. Do you recommend any changing up the order or just sticking to left to right? Another quick question do you run stages left to right usually?

• 4 weeks later...