Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

UFC tonight...Carwin or Lesnar?

You guys are dreaming-no way Carwin beats Lesnar. Lesnar is going to give Carwin a wrestling lesson and Carwin will be on the ground most of the match!!! Prediction: Lesnar will submit Carwin. I also heard Emilianenko got beat recently-he was always overrated as far as I am concerned. There is a reason he didn't sign with the UFC-he knew he would get beat by either Lesnar, Carwin, or Cain Velasquez!!! Winner of this match will probably get Cain Velasquez in the next heavyweight title bout-that will be a good one!!!

Edited by The_Vigilante

Regardless of his size Lesnar is a very hard guy to root for....he is simply an ass and doesn't deserve any respect.

Yes Fedor did lose recently to Fabrizio Werdum but that was after going over 30 fights without a loss. It was a very rare mistake for Fedor but also could easily be explained by him simply being a little complacent. Hardly overrated when those 30 fights covered 10 years and the who's who in MMA the world over. As far as signing with the UFC, let's flip the switch and ask why didn't Lesnar sign with M1 and go fight Fedor??????? After all Brock was the new kid and Fedor had the record. Maybe Brock is the pansie as he knows no amount of trash talk about his sex life, his drinking habits, or any of his other WWE antics would overcome a fighter of Fedor's caliber ;)

As it is Fedor has a record and has proven himself, Brock has many more miles to go to even see Fedor's taillights.

My hope is for Carwin to bring a little reality to his circus world.

Lesnar survived Carwin's first round onslaught and submitted him early in the 2nd round with a modified choke hold making my prediction come true-see previous post. Carwin basically punched himself out and didn't have anything left for the 2nd round. Yes, he did give me a scare-I thought the referee was going to stop the match in the first round. And why should/would Lesnar leave the UFC which is the premiere MMA organization in the world for a 2nd rate promotion to fight Emilianenko. The only reason Emilianenko went to M1 was so he could control the promotion and decide who he would fight and when. Apparently his strategy backfired!!! He avoided the match with the current M1 Heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem who recently fought and won on the last televised PPV for M1.

Lesnar survived Carwin's first round onslaught and submitted him early in the 2nd round with a modified choke hold making my prediction come true-see previous post. Carwin basically punched himself out and didn't have anything left for the 2nd round. Yes, he did give me a scare-I thought the referee was going to stop the match in the first round.

Thanks for spoiling the match i&$%t, I havent seen it yet.

I wanted Carwin to win, real bad because of Lesnar's attitude.

The after-fight talk with Rogan totally redeemed Lesnar in my eyes. He was very gracious.

He was gracious......but I still am not a fan of his. I admit he is a badass and the best Heavyweight in the UFC (currently) but Carwin just found his weakness and he will be much improved when they meet again.

Lesnar survived Carwin's first round onslaught and submitted him early in the 2nd round with a modified choke hold making my prediction come true-see previous post. Carwin basically punched himself out and didn't have anything left for the 2nd round. Yes, he did give me a scare-I thought the referee was going to stop the match in the first round.

then dont read a thread about it.

It thought there were a few good fights last night. I still cant believe the Lesnar/Carwin fight didnt get stopped in the 1st round.

It thought there were a few good fights last night. I still cant believe the Lesnar/Carwin fight didnt get stopped in the 1st round.

Theres one rule wich the entire universe abides....don't put spoilers in forum threads unless theres a spoiler warning in the subject.

I wanted Carwin to win, real bad because of Lesnar's attitude.

The after-fight talk with Rogan totally redeemed Lesnar in my eyes. He was very gracious.

He was gracious......but I still am not a fan of his.

Yeah me too...he sure didn't like getting punched in the face :blink: -- the slow-mo replay was NOT very flattering :devil: The rope-a-dope worked for him. I thought they were going to call it there for a bit.

**It should be noted that I don't like getting punched in the face either...but I don't look like an action figure either.

Carwin gassing was so cliche it pissed me off. Everytime a fighter has a bunch of first round wins they get their conditioning questioned for a longer fight and damn if they don't prove that speculation to be true every time. That's the problem with guys who carry so much muscle is that conditioning is the hardest part of their game. Add age to that and Carwin was totally predictable. His ground game sucks too, what do these guys work on every day?

i dont think carwin's ground game sucks so much as Lesnar's ground game is really good for being a big guy. he dominated in collegiate wrestling and shows why.

Really looking forward to the rematch!

I disagree Lesnar's ground game sucks too. The arm triangle is a wrestling move. He threw that basic technique sloppily and muscled it for all his worth. I think Lesner is about 4 stripe white belt level, maybe new blue. Both those guys can't fight off their backs at all.

Edited by John Thompson

The thread title deals with predicitions not results. Maybe someone simply wanted to chime in with their prediction. The least someone can do is indicate a spoiler there are tabs for it on the forum. If you have a question about it check out the pinned spoiler post in the Books/TV/Movies forum.

Thankfully your advice and contribution to the thread is so useful <_<

Edited by smokshwn