Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM09-04 - Pucker Factor

spanky

Shot this at a classifier match last month in Production: 34 points in 4.08 s for a hit factor of 8.333 (77.8813%). You guys who are breaking 4 s are killing me—I felt like I pulled a rabbit out of a hat with my run!

I shot it far to near to draw and get my DA first shot on the easiest target in the array. Doing so helped set a good shooting cadence so that I wouldn't chicken out and shoot too slow on the head shots. Missing one (or both) of them was my big concern on this classifier. I agree with Cha-Lee that the targets don't vary that much in difficulty, but I think it's easier to throw a Mike on the near target vs. botching a shot on the far target for a Charlie.

This and three other classifiers shot around 80% landed me an A for my initial USPSA classification, so I was more than pleased with that.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran this classifier in 3.34s with 34 points for a 95% run. I went far to near and hooked up good. I was A and this run helped get me to Master. I'm certainly not a rounded Master level shooter yet... but once in a while I can get it to come together on simple runs like this. No movement or reloads makes it easier.

I was calm and relaxed for this run and that helped. Tension just slows me down. FWIW it's worth the last time I think I had a good time but missed a head shot- that will pull you down into the dumps quick!

Edited by lugnut

• 8 months later...

Shot this the other day in Limited after a long winter of not shooting much. 38 pts, 4.47 sec, 8.5011 hf. Could be alot better but with how much i've been shooting i'll take it. This one should finally get me into A class anyway.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
On 9/16/2014 at 3:36 AM, PatJones said:

I shot a 5.3232 this month in revolver division shooting 8-minor. It was scored 90% and I was bumped up to A. Does anyone know if 09-04 has been adjusted for 8-shot revolvers?

I shot it with my 6 shooter and wondered the same thing.  HF was 4.5000,  76.4007%.   It appears our % are both based upon 5.89 being the peak HF.

• 11 months later...

Today (9-9-17) we shot Pucker Factor CM09-04.

Division PCC

Classification - U

Firearm - JP GMR-15 9mm Carbine

Time - 3.36

Points - 28

Hit Factor - 8.3333

Does anyone know what the percentage for PCC would be?  The USPSA Classifier Percentage Calculator does not have PCC yet.

12 hours ago, S&W686 said:

Today (9-9-17) we shot Pucker Factor CM09-04.

Division PCC

Hit Factor - 8.3333

Does anyone know what the percentage for PCC would be?  The USPSA Classifier Percentage Calculator does not have PCC yet.

For HF of 8.3333 the National Percentage is 69.0478%     They are still using the Open HHF for the calculations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...