CM09-04 - Pucker Factor

spanky

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't know how often it happens but Singlestack and I shot this one today in the exact same time (3.37) with the exact same points down (5) in back to back runs. :surprise:

Edited by boz1911

• 8 months later...

Is drawing into the far target the way to go?

Shot this last weekend at Bailey's. We had two "M" shooters in the group. One went near to far and one went far to near.

I went near to far in 3.49 seconds, down 4 points (10.4046 HF for 86.7%)

I'm a long term "B" open shooter.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

CM09-04

Interesting classifier, according the calculator, one of our club members got a 100% in the Production Division. His time was either 3.30 or 3.33 seconds, and two points down. Great performance...for sure B) .

My Limited Division time was 5.46 seconds, and my Limited-10 Division time was 4.60 seconds, each down one point.

Edited by Dwain C. Baer

I did this classifier today with in limited 10, limited and single stack

Limited 10 37 points time 6.01 hit factor 6.1564

Limited 38 points time 6.36 hit factor 5.974

Single Stack 38 points time 5.76 hit factor 6.597

Any idea if these scores are B class or C class or is it too early to figure that out?

Don't know the official percentages, but according to the classifier calculator your hit factors are as follows:

Limited Division: 54.81%

Limited-10 Division: 56.48%

Single Stack Division: 60.52%

CM09-04

Interesting classifier, according the calculator, one of our club members got a 100% in the Production Division. His time was either 3.30 or 3.33 seconds, and two points down. Great performance...for sure B) .

My Limited Division time was 5.46 seconds, and my Limited-10 Division time was 4.60 seconds, each down one point.

Thanks Dwain got lucky. Just decided to hit the gas and go for it. The hits just happened to be there. It'll get thrown out for being more than 15% over my average. Having trouble I haven't shot production for years so my classifier average is really low. I had one other really good one thrown out. Can't win.

Oh well

Thanks Dwain got lucky. Just decided to hit the gas and go for it. The hits just happened to be there. It'll get thrown out for being more than 15% over my average. Having trouble I haven't shot production for years so my classifier average is really low. I had one other really good one thrown out. Can't win.

Oh well

Well, you are improving and it does show. They might not throw this score out, since your percentages are going up. Besides, they can't keep throwing away all of your good percentages :sight:

• 4 months later...

We shot CM09-04 at a match last month.

http://www.uspsa.org/classifiers/09-04.pdf

During the stage, there was some discussion as to how to shoot it, and for whatever reason this classifier has been bugging me. I'm interested in hearing some input as to which method is fastest, do you draw to the wide open rear target and work your way forward, or do you draw to the closer smaller headshot, and work your way back? Why?

Thanks!

I would say you have to decide that on your particular skills. Do you draw enough faster on close targets to make up for the extra acquisition time for the head shot or not? Some folks just can't seem to make a quick draw on a far target. Personally I would draw hard on the far target, move to the closer, trying to maintain a speed, not rushing as the shots get tighter. I prefer left to right shooting given the chance. For me, both draw shots would be very close to the same time but the left to right is more my comfort zone.

That is just me, though. Everyone has different skill sets, weaknesses & strengths.

MLM

edited to add if you don't know your strengths in this situation, some time at the range with a timer will probably tell you, perhaps with a video camera you can not only determine the strengths but may help you improve your weaknesses.

Edited by mlmiller1

I'd probably shoot that near to far -- but I transition slightly better/faster right to left....

First target is at seven yards -- that's not that hard. The trick is going to be to dial down the vision for targets 3 and 4, and to not shoot them with the vision required for the head shots on 1 and possibly 2....

Last time I shot this (in Open) I drew to the far target, because I tend to be a little sloppier on my 1st target, so I always try to go for the wide open / easiest target if possible, then shooting left to right, trying not to rush as I tighten up my shots. I too, prefer L-R shooting when I have a choice.

11-20-2011 - 39 pts. / 3.43 sec.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shot it on Sunday...my first match in production shooting Glock 17, shot it far to near.

4.15 seconds 38 points for a 9.1566 HF.

Been shooting limited for a year and my first time shooting production I shoot my highest classifier. I hope this is a sign to things to come!

Edited by mwc

• 5 months later...

Shot this one today in Open at a club match in Circleville, Ohio. Shot it far to near, like I always do and got my absolute best score on it today. 39 pts. in 3.05 sec.

Edited by Chris Keen

• 2 weeks later...

I think the trick to this classifier is to treat each target as the same shot difficulty (Which it really is given the target size vs distance), then simply shoot it the direction you are most comfortable with. I usually prefer to shoot from right to left so that is the direction I shoot this classifier. My on target splits are usually the same for all targets since each target is about the same shot difficulty. If you don't let the hard cover scare you and simply shoot as soon as possible this is a fairly easy classifier to get a really good score on.