Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Changing Hunter to a 40

twister

I seem to recall that when I asked about doing this, I was told that this gun would not be legal for USPSA Limited since the Hunter isn't produced in .40...I don't know if this has any bearing on your plans.

The rules refer to handguns or components, and then it says replacemnt barrels are authorized, as long as they are the same length, (no mention of case length or caliber - in any case, one could argue that .40 and 10mm are the same caliber, just different length cases, anyway)

So as long as there are a NROI certified 500 6" 10mm Hunters and at least 500 6" .40sw barrels out there, should be an ok mod, they way I read it.

Appendix D2 (Limited Division)

— Any complete handgun or components with a minimum production of 500

units by a factory and available to the general public.

— A complete handgun may be approved for USPSA Limited Division after

the NROI Manufacturer’s Declaration form stating that a minimum of 500

have been manufactured and available to the general public has been submitted

and NROI has inspected the handgun for compliance.

Authorized Modifications - Replacement barrels – provided they are the same length as original

factory standard.

I hope changing the Hunter to 40 will be legal. I was going to buy a Witness Elite, but decided to go with a 10mm Hunter instead. It seems everyone is going to a 6in. anyway,this would be a good choice. Thanks for all the help, Dave

Why not just shoot 10mm? I know a guy who shoots a 10mm Glock in limited and he loves it. He says the brass lasts forever when downloaded to 165PF and he gets more of his brass back because nobody else wants it.