Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

spring for eaa match

bigcat

ok some of you know that i am new to this by now. i have a one year old eaa match. i don't know what pound spring it has in it but i can tell you that it hits hard. when you come out of slide lock with empty gun it drops hard. how do i know what spring to try especially when i don't know what is in it from factory. from what i am reading this could be alot of my problem though with follow up shots

What caliber???? I think the stock .40 spring is 14lbs. I'm running a a 12lb in my Limited .40 for USPSA. I've run as low as a 10 lb. spring in a 40 Match, even with Major PF ammo. If it's a 9mm, you can go all the way down to 8lbs....

It depends on what caliber and loads you're shooting. With full-power 200gr loads in my 10 mm Hunter, I'm using a 25# recoil spring; I could use a heavier spring, but there isn't clearance for thicker wire.

It depends on what caliber and loads you're shooting. With full-power 200gr loads in my 10 mm Hunter, I'm using a 25# recoil spring; I could use a heavier spring, but there isn't clearance for thicker wire.

it is a .40 cal. right now i am using factory 165gr until i can locate some primers to start loading my own