Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SJC Optic Mount Open Glock

mgcchkn

I love my SJC open Glock, but I hate that the optic mount makes me feel like I have to aim down and to the left to see the dot. I have no natural point of aim, I have to search for my dot every time I draw or move from one position to the other. I ended up making some shims to go under the front of the C-More which helped a lot, but it looks like crap.

Anyone else having similar issues? I've tried both versions of their mount, the old style and the new style. (old being centered on the mount, new being slightly offset to the left to help ejection)

Edited by mgcchkn

I love my SJC open Glock, but I hate that the optic mount makes me feel like I have to aim down and to the left to see the dot. I have no natural point of aim, I have to search for my dot every time I draw or move from one position to the other. I ended up making some shims to go under the front of the C-More which helped a lot, but it looks like crap.

Anyone else having similar issues? I've tried both versions of their mount, the old style and the new style. (old being centered on the mount, new being slightly offset to the left to help ejection)

I have a SJC Micro Dot Mount for a STS.. after a little dry firing everything worked out great and I love how low it sits and no ejection problems.

Leo

Unfortunately, I have one of the full blown open guns with frame mounted C-more. I've had it for about 2.5 years now, and no matter how much I practice, I still have to hunt for the dot. :(

• 1 year later...

Say if i install the micro dot mount and will it be possible for my to go back to limited? how is the mount installed?

You need to remove the sights to install it.

There is a new trigger pin that is used to hold the mount at the rear and 2 bushings that get installed in frame that hold it in front.

Yes, you could go back to limited if you wanted.

• 5 years later...

This is an OLD thread, but asking a related question.  Anybody here know how to inlet the inside of the frame?  I just can't imagine what to do.  I just bought an SJC micro mount and don't know exactly how to get it on my gun.

HELP!!!!

1 hour ago, CHLChris said:

This is an OLD thread, but asking a related question.  Anybody here know how to inlet the inside of the frame?  I just can't imagine what to do.  I just bought an SJC micro mount and don't know exactly how to get it on my gun.

HELP!!!!

http://stores.sjcguns.com/sjc-glock-sideways-c-more-mount-installation/

i used a dremel for the final material removal after drilling then heated then bushings for the last little bit.