Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

June

benos

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same thing that happens before you break a shot, in your mind, everything came together, you had ultimate focus, and something subconsciously made your finger press the shutter button.

It is the same, isn't it? Just a different medium.

Oh great, now I read page two.... Well, the plate caught your attention, so you thought cool, I should take a picture, thinking this would make a great question, it is really going to drive Grumpy nuts, so you went and got your camera. I still like my first answer better though.

WG

You moved the bowl to clean up what ever you knocked over while trying to take a pic?

Or made a pie chart using spices in the bowl?...

Maybe just moved the bowl into the sink so what ever you're using the spices for does'nt get all over the kitchen counter as your seasoning what ever your about to cook or prep....

Or it's not spices, maybe sand for some kind of scupture or sand design art thingy

Edited by inkedshooter

This might be easy for a few, but for everyone else, it might be tricky to guess.

What happened, just before I took the pic?

be

bowl.jpg

You just got finished measuring rice and rinsing it for the steamer. You just poured it from the collander into the bowl.

You wanted to show what rice used as cleaning media looks like after X amount of brass cleaned... 500, 1K, 2K, etc....

But I'm sticking by You PAUSED!! :goof:

You had several types of rice/grains, cooked up for a party/meal. White rice, brown rice, wild rice, maybe other grains. The different colors and textures were interesting, so the various types were arranged in the bowl in a circular pattern of roughly equal size balls/mounds, meant for individuals to select, buffet style. However, the consistency of the balls was more like polenta than steamed rice, and gravity* gradually caused the mounds to spread, and slide toward the center of the bowl. The radial lines between wedge shapes formed where two adjacent mounds met. The radial lines in the whitest sections aren't as visible, because the color is nearly identical.

*It's possible that the bowl was placed on a warm burner to keep the food warm, and that accelerated the spreading.

Man you guys are working for it.

Not being a fan in general of garbage disposals, I trashed the leaking one soon after moving in years ago. Since then I'm disposal'less.

I don't think this will give it away... I slowly rotated the bowl as the rice entered it.

be