Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 AR Section Multi Gun Championship

We're gearing up for the Arkansas USPSA Section Multi Gun Championship Match. Dates are October 30 and 31 at Old Fort Gun Club (OFGC) in Fort Smith, Arkansas. Shoot 11 fun and challenging stages, round count 250+. Of course, we will throw in a few surprises to make the event memorable. Great prize table, most by finish and some by random draw, plus plaques by 3-5-7. BBQ lunch on Saturday is included with the entry, genuine Arkansas Road Kill. If you've shot this match before, there is good news. OFGC has built some new bays, so we won't double up on the 100 yard line to avoid the bottleneck. Good mix of guns on the stages, with some rifle shots out to 300 yards. This match has been growing each year, so get your entry in early. I received a phone call today, the Marines are sending A Few Good Men from their new 3 Gun Team. More information, including stages and match hotel will be posted here when available. Entry form is attached (if I can figure out how), or find it at www.casarange.com, go to Links then Arkansas Section. Got questions, contact me at brucebethell@sbcglobal.net, or call me daytimes at (479) 785-4558.

Bruce Bethell

2010 Multigun entry form.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

App/check in the mail.

This is one of the "must make" matches on my schedule for sure!

Mike

+1

This was my first taste of 3 gun last year and it hooked me line and sinker. I think you will have a bunch more OKies driving over this year as Pinto's matches are getting the locals addictied to this game.

• 3 months later...

Just a question regarding the entry form here....

Sorry, first BIG match so I have not needed to fill out this intricate of a form before...

Circle one:

Limited, Tactical, Open, Heavy Metal Limited

Class ______ Category ___________ Major _____ Minor _____

i know what class I shoot obv. but what do I fill out for the bold portion of the quote? I've never heard of Category, Major, or Minor before... :rolleyes:

Edited by GorillaTactical

Sorry, first BIG match so I have not needed to fill out this intricate of a form before...

Circle one:

i know what class I shoot obv. but what do I fill out for the bold portion of the quote? I've never heard of Category, Major, or Minor before... :rolleyes:

This is a USPSA match, so by class they mean USPSA classification (D thru GM, or U if you're unclassified). Major / Minor refers to power factor (for pistol I assume). Category refers to any of the special categories that match directors may choose to recognize (some examples are Lady, Junior, Senior, Super Senior, LEO, and Military). I'm not a USPSA rules guru and I think some of the categories have been revised in recent years, so I may not be 100% on that part - but you get the idea.

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

Circle one:

This is a USPSA match, so by class they mean USPSA classification (D thru GM, or U if you're unclassified). Major / Minor refers to power factor (for pistol I assume). Category refers to any of the special categories that match directors may choose to recognize (some examples are Lady, Junior, Senior, Super Senior, LEO, and Military). I'm not a USPSA rules guru and I think some of hte categories have been revised in recent years, so I may not be 100% on that part - but you get the idea.

This was my first 3 gun match last year. I asked the exact same questions because it didn't make sense to use a classification that was only good for one of the 3 guns, and I was shooting a major pistol, minor rifle, and major shotgun. USPSA should really look into this because it's confusing for the new guys.

The good thing about the classification is that you walk the prize table by order of finish by class/division:)

If you are like most of us, shooting major pistol and minor rifle, write that in on the app. Class is based on the pistol you are shooting and your highest classification in that division.

You walk the prize table by your finish in your division. If there are 3 people in your class, there will be an award for 1st. If there are more in your class, then possibly 2nd, and so on.

Category is for military, le, etc....

See you there.

This is a USPSA match, so by class they mean USPSA classification (D thru GM, or U if you're unclassified). Major / Minor refers to power factor (for pistol I assume). Category refers to any of the special categories that match directors may choose to recognize (some examples are Lady, Junior, Senior, Super Senior, LEO, and Military). I'm not a USPSA rules guru and I think some of the categories have been revised in recent years, so I may not be 100% on that part - but you get the idea.

Thank You Doug. With the power factor Major/Minor part...could you explain that just a little bit more please :huh:

Thank You Doug. With the power factor Major/Minor part...could you explain that just a little bit more please :huh:

If you are like most of us, shooting major pistol and minor rifle, write that in on the app

Thank you Mike, but I'm a rifle shooter over pistol......so would that mean I reverse what you've said or am I missing the point on this one.

If you are like most of us, shooting major pistol and minor rifle, write that in on the app

Thank you Mike, but I'm a rifle shooter over pistol......so would that mean I reverse what you've said or am I missing the point on this one.

For the pistol, Major is 40 S&W and minor is 9mm basically just like a USPSA pistol match. The actual minimum power factor for major is 165 and minor is 125.

I think the software taht they use can account for major power factor rifle too but I may be mistaken. Minimum power factor for major/minor on the rifle is 320/150.

If you are shooting 223 which most of us are you will be shooting minor rifle.

USPSA Rifle Rules

Here are the USPSA multi gun rules.

USPSA Multi gun

Edited by jtischauser

Plans are coming along for the Arkansas Section Multi gun Championship match at Old Fort Gun Club in Fort Smith, AR on October 30 and 31. Stages are in final draft form, and the run down looks like this. Ten stages instead of eleven as originally planned, but round count is 290 total. Breakdown is: handgun, 95 rounds; rifle, 102 rounds; shotgun slugs, 16 rounds; shotgun birdshot (please 7 1/2 or smaller) 77 rounds. Longest rifle shots will be at 300 yards, the best we can do with our range. As you might expect at Arkansas Section, Rule MG 5.1.8 will slip in on a couple of stages. Just to keep things fun, we've borrowed a little equipment from our Sporting Clays group, and the stage "Dodge City" will be set up on the Cowboy Action bay, complete with their "Saloon" and "Jail." Final stages will be posted here as soon as they are available.

Staff will shoot the match on Friday, October 29, and everyone is of course welcome to come out and watch. If you want to sight in when you get here, we will have the 300 yard, 100 yard, and a pistol bay available on Friday, so long as you stay out of the way of the staff shoot.

Negotiations on the match hotel will be finished next week, and details will be posted here. Real nice property, close to the range, and rates are going to start at $74 per night.

As always, the prize table is looking good. Springfield Armory and DPMS, to name just a few, will be present. The "Road Kill Committee" has been scouring the back roads for Saturday lunch, and it's gonna be lip smackin!

Two months out, and already over one third of available slots are taken. Entry form is attached here, and is also available at the Arkansas Section web site (linked through www.casarange.com) and at www.ofgc.org. Any questions, feel free to email me direct at brucebethell@sbcglobal.net, or call me at (479) 785-4558 [daytime] or (479) 452-2918 [evenings].

Bruce

Plans are coming along for the Arkansas Section Multi gun Championship match at Old Fort Gun Club in Fort Smith, AR on October 30 and 31. Stages are in final draft form, and the run down looks like this. Ten stages instead of eleven as originally planned, but round count is 290 total. Breakdown is: handgun, 95 rounds; rifle, 102 rounds; shotgun slugs, 16 rounds; shotgun birdshot (please 7 1/2 or smaller) 77 rounds. Longest rifle shots will be at 300 yards, the best we can do with our range. As you might expect at Arkansas Section, Rule MG 5.1.8 will slip in on a couple of stages. Just to keep things fun, we've borrowed a little equipment from our Sporting Clays group, and the stage "Dodge City" will be set up on the Cowboy Action bay, complete with their "Saloon" and "Jail." Final stages will be posted here as soon as they are available.

Staff will shoot the match on Friday, October 29, and everyone is of course welcome to come out and watch. If you want to sight in when you get here, we will have the 300 yard, 100 yard, and a pistol bay available on Friday, so long as you stay out of the way of the staff shoot.

Negotiations on the match hotel will be finished next week, and details will be posted here. Real nice property, close to the range, and rates are going to start at $74 per night.

As always, the prize table is looking good. Springfield Armory and DPMS, to name just a few, will be present. The "Road Kill Committee" has been scouring the back roads for Saturday lunch, and it's gonna be lip smackin!

Two months out, and already over one third of available slots are taken. Entry form is attached here, and is also available at the Arkansas Section web site (linked through www.casarange.com) and at www.ofgc.org. Any questions, feel free to email me direct at brucebethell@sbcglobal.net, or call me at (479) 785-4558 [daytime] or (479) 452-2918 [evenings].

Bruce

Mine went out today. Sounds awesome Bruce!

• 2 weeks later...

Shooters,

October 30 and 31, Old Fort Gun Club in Fort Smith, AR. Another great AR Section Multi gun match. Stages are finished, but the file was too large to attach here. I'll break them down into several smaller files, and post them here tomorrow. Remember, stages may look a little different when they get on the ground. Stage count is 10, not the 11 originally figured.

Round count is 290. Breakdown is handgun, 95; rifle, 102; shotgun, 93 (including 16 slugs). Longest rifle shot will be 300 yards, all our Range will handle. Couple of slugs at 50 yards or so.

Match hotel is the Candlewood Suites, located at 7501 Madison Avenue, Fort Smith. Just off Phoenix Avenue, near the airport. Same property as last year, but even lower rates. Use the code "Gun Match" to reserve a single for $74 per night, double for $84, or a 2 room suite for $96. Nice property, only about 2 years old, and about as close to the Range as you can get in Fort Smith and have indoor plumbing. Local number is (479) 424-3800. Check out the property at www.candlewoodsuites/fortar.com.

Prize table is growing every day. Overall match sponsors are Springfield Armory and DPMS, so you know some folks will leave with new guns, including some by random draw among all shooters.

If you have not signed up yet, entry form is attached. Slots are limited, so get yours in the mail soon.

Questions? Email me at brucebethell@sbcglobal.net, or call daytimes at (479) 785-4558.

Bruce Bethell

First batch of stages for the AR Section Multi gun are attached. I can't figure out how to load them all on a single post. Something about the file being too big. I suspect the undersigned's file of computer knowledge is too small. Final two stages will go on a subsequent post. Sorry you have to fish around, but at least they're all going to be here.

Bruce

MG stages 1.pdf

MG stages 2.pdf

MG stages 3.pdf

Match hotel is the Candlewood Suites, located at 7501 Madison Avenue, Fort Smith. Just off Phoenix Avenue, near the airport. Same property as last year, but even lower rates. Use the code "Gun Match" to reserve a single for $74 per night, double for $84, or a 2 room suite for $96. Nice property, only about 2 years old, and about as close to the Range as you can get in Fort Smith and have indoor plumbing. Local number is (479) 424-3800. Check out the property at www.candlewoodsuites/fortar.com.

FYI. For those of you that didn't stay here last year. I just called to reserve a 2 room Suite. The 2nd room has a fold out bed with a full kitchen and a queen bed in the 2nd room.