Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Pause Principle

benos

just long enough to know you paused but not long enough to start thinking.

Ah, the pause that refreshes! :cheers:

I'll be playing the attention game tomorrow as soon as I wake up.

just long enough to know you paused but not long enough to start thinking.

Ah, the pause that refreshes! :cheers:

I'll be playing the attention game tomorrow as soon as I wake up.

I start every day by laying in bed for a few minutes, and visualize myself calmly pausing my way through an error free day.

be

I committed to trying this today. I remembered before getting out of bed to begin. But as soon as I headed to work I sort of went onto my normal "auto-pilot" and forgot. I guess forgetting was a mistake on its own. About 45 minutes later, I remembered and began again.

I committed to trying this today. I remembered before getting out of bed to begin. But as soon as I headed to work I sort of went onto my normal "auto-pilot" and forgot. I guess forgetting was a mistake on its own. About 45 minutes later, I remembered and began again.

In the beginning, a lot of "reminding" will be necessary throughout the day. But stick with it, with commitment the benefits will come.

The obstacle to calm stability is due to one factor: the force of habitual thoughts and tendencies. It's a big one.

Within the presense of full awareness, there's nothing you cannot do, nowhere you cannot go.

be

• 2 weeks later...

This is fun! I sometimes forget that I'm playing the attention game, until I drop something. Then, instead of dropping it again as I reach to retrieve it. I simply pay attention and retrieve it. :rolleyes:

This is fun! I sometimes forget that I'm playing the attention game, until I drop something. Then, instead of dropping it again as I reach to retrieve it. I simply pay attention and retrieve it. :rolleyes:

As echoed in today's Maku mozo!: Meditation is simply paying attention to what happens.

I don't know in how many places I've read a statement close to - All you have to do is pay attention. Boom - there it is.

A Krishnamurti statement came to mind... All you have to do is be aware from the beginning to the end, and not become inattentive in the middle of it.

be

As echoed in today's Maku mozo!: Meditation is simply paying attention to what happens.

I don't know in how many places I've read a statement close to - All you have to do is pay attention. Boom - there it is.

A Krishnamurti statement came to mind... All you have to do is be aware from the beginning to the end, and not become inattentive in the middle of it.

be

Brian,

This is a very stupid question but i will ask it anyway. I have been on this forum for over a year and still don't know where the daily Maku mozo statements are posted. Could you point in the right direction?

This is a very stupid question but i will ask it anyway. I have been on this forum for over a year and still don't know where the daily Maku mozo statements are posted. Could you point in the right direction?

You can sign up to get them in email here:

http://www.brianenos.com/pages/attention.html

(And the Archives are also linked on that page.)

be