Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Respond Immediately

benos

I have had days like that. Days when I see something that needs to be done and I just do it right then and there. It can be a nice feeling, but it can also get you way off track from what should get done. I find it works best at giving me warm fuzzies when there are no other immediate impending items to take care of. When there are other pressing items, taking the time to do something right then can have the opposite effect and make me frustrated that there are so many things to do.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had days like that. Days when I see something that needs to be done and I just do it right then and there. It can be a nice feeling, but it can also get you way off track from what should get done. I find it works best at giving me warm fuzzies when there are no other immediate impending items to take care of. When there are other pressing items, taking the time to do something right then can have the opposite effect and make me frustrated that there are so many things to do.

I agree, I found this to my detriment when trying to fit 10 hours of work into an 8 hour work day. Putting priorisation aside, I generally found that the task I least wanted to do was the one I should do first.

I agree, I found this to my detriment when trying to fit 10 hours of work into an 8 hour work day. Putting priorisation aside, I generally found that the task I least wanted to do was the one I should do first.

I am with you! Once the hardest one is done, it is down hill from there. :cheers: