Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Contest: Name that old timer Part 3

Finally, how many of the "shoot off" participants from the 82 (or 83?) IPSC Nationals can you name (there are two that I don't know)--sorry, I kind of cut off the guys on the end, but you can still tell who they are: Brian Enos (bottom row, far right), Ron Avery (top row, 2nd from the right), and who could miss Robbies cheesy smile (top row, 3rd from the left?)

OldPics435.jpg

You are killing me..that is not me 2nd from the right.....:)

Ron A

Sorry, found this one very late into the game.

Re the comment: "Do the 2 guys in the top row, far left have their holsters located damn near right on their mid-line, where most people would have their 1st mag pouch?" Yes, I believe we used to jokingly call that the vasectomy position.

I remember Rick Byfield. I shot against him in the shoot-offs one year.....and lost. :(

Re: the group photo, I think I can help. I'm pretty sure the guy to the left of Zubiena is Canadian Murray Gardner. He always had an incredibly tight Weave stance with the gun about 6-8" from his face. Also, I think the guy to the left of John Shaw may/may be Dan Predovich, from Colorado (although I agree, it does look a bit like Ron Avery). I've only met Dan him a couple of times, but he was a top shooter and I wouldn't be surprised if he finished in the top 16 during this time frame.

Grunt

wrong on Byfield (although I'm impressed that people remember Rick)

Heck, of all the names tossed around in this thread, Byfield is about the only one still actively competing!! (Except Leatham, of course.)

Like! Good Times Mike!

wrong on Byfield (although I'm impressed that people remember Rick)

Heck, of all the names tossed around in this thread, Byfield is about the only one still actively competing!! (Except Leatham, of course.)

• 2 weeks later...