Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

putting the STI on the shelf.

I was wondering if any one else is in my shoes? As I'm planning my shooting season for 2010 I came to the conclusion that I might have to shoot Production this year. My shooting budget has been cut in a drastic way and the only way I see shooting as much as I would like is to shoot production. Which at first didn't bother me at all. Now as the time gets closer the thought of leaving my STI in the safe makes me a bit sad. Has anyone else had to make the same decision? Did it bother you at all? Did it get better once you started to practice?

Just curious, but what about production is cheaper than shooting your STI? What division would you be shooting with it ?

The cost of loading 9mm compared to .40 . You can get so many more 9mm bullets for the same price. So it makes scene to keep the STI in the safe and take out the production gun.

If you already have the brass the difference in cost between Production and Limited is nominal at best.

Between 124/125 grain 9mm and 180 grain .40's, there is about $20-$30 delta per K in what I shoot (zero's and various moly's).

I can actually find more .40 brass on the range than 9mm now so it almost makes it a wash for me. If I had to buy, it would be less expensive to shoot 9 as .40 and 9mm brass seems to be right around the same price.

Edited by al503

This is kind of my position now. My reasoning is though, that I can't afford to fix the limited balster if it breaks right now, but I can afford to fix the Glock should the same happen. I already have the brass for both, and powder and primers. The other thing is tht it is a bit more difficult to shoot the Glock as opposed to the other. (CZ TS) So I can only hope that the smaller magwell, and trigger movement/sight picture will only improve my limited shooting next season.

Edited by JimmyZip

I laid off USPSA for a while due to work conflicts, when I returned I shot Production. I think one of the benefits of Production is cheaper ammo and gear in general. My Limited Para P16 is sitting in the safe while the Glock 34 gets to play.